Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > Tow Vehicles & Towing
Click Here to Login

Old 01-24-2013, 10:41 AM   #21
DonandBonnie
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5906
Mine don't look like that. The wrench fits around the plastic cap to latch onto a nut shape on the part that screws onto the valve stem. You tighten the cap on, then when you remove the wrench the plastic part spins freely so that you cannot remove from the valve stem.

DonandBonnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 07:59 AM   #22
2007dura
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #2313
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by dieselguy

I'm just familiar with the non-flow thru sensors. They have a 2 piece shell around the actual sensor that is supposed to deter theft. It has to be removed before you can change the batteries. I'm curious ... what exactly did TST say as in gluing what to what? What sensors do you have? My tool is one piece sorta shaped like an F. Any photos?
Here is a pic from TST site of my system. If you see the sensor that is standing on its end, I put glue where the silver metal swivels in the black plastic. After it sets, you can use your hand to screw on the sensor. http://www.tsttruck.com/uploads/4.jpg
2007dura is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 09:03 AM   #23
seahunter
Montana Master

M.O.C. #11675
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by seahunter

I contacted TST to see if they had any suggestions. They said their wheel contact is "Always Shiny Wheels and RV". I did not readily see something in a rigid extender so I shot off an inquiry to them. they do have the flexible ones, so I asked if they have ideas to reduce/eliminate the leaking they are known for. Will keep you posted.

http://store.alwaysshinywheelsandrv.com/
This is what I sent to Always Shiny:

To: jlihou
Sent: Thu, Jan 24, 2013 10:48 am
Subject: [always shiny wheels and rv] 2012 Ford F350 DRW

Hello,

I got your name from TST as a contact for valve extenders. I am having a very difficult time finding a tire shop in my area that can come up with valve extenders for the pickup listed above. I would prefer rigid extensions as I hear the flexible ones are prone to leak, and I will also be trying to use the sensors for the TST TPMS. Do you have any extender kits that would work for a 2012 F350 with stock Lariat aluminum wheels with the oval hand holes? If not, I see you have the flexible extenders too, is there a set of that type that would work for my vehicle?

Thanks very much,

Greg

Well, here is what I just received from Always Shiny:

There are no extension stabilizers for the aluminum wheels on heavy duty pickups so straight extensions are not an option. That leaves the flexible extensions that are stabilized with an L-bracket that is riveted to the center hub. I have copied the link below so you can look at them.

http://store.alwaysshinywheelsandrv....ckups-8001-180
seahunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 11:44 AM   #24
DonandBonnie
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5906
I've had all of the sensors installed now for two days and am very satisfied with the performance. With the short extensions that came with the truck I can screw them on and off with minimal effort, although the anti-theft part is nullified. Adding air was going to be a challenge, but I think I found a solution. The campground we are staying in carries a number of various shaped valve extensions. I don't think I'd be comfortable going down the highway with them, but they would work well to extend the valve to where I could easily get the air chuck on.
DonandBonnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 01:24 PM   #25
oldelmer1
Montana Master

M.O.C. #10758
Seahunter,

I had those on my dually wheel and ended up with 1 flat on each side. Mine were not riveted on, but somehow the ends were ground off and all the air was out of the tires. Just sayin....
oldelmer1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 01:45 PM   #26
seahunter
Montana Master

M.O.C. #11675
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by oldelmer1

Seahunter,

I had those on my dually wheel and ended up with 1 flat on each side. Mine were not riveted on, but somehow the ends were ground off and all the air was out of the tires. Just sayin....
Thanks Tom. Yeah, I really don't want to go with the flexible ones. I just can't believe that they don't have extenders for the the big three truck companies - I guess if we get on this and design one we could make some money selling them?? Ozz, what do you say - can you whip up some of these??

seahunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 03:26 AM   #27
Fire5er
Montana Master

M.O.C. #3403
We have the flexible extensions that are stabilized with an L-bracket that is riveted to the center hub on our 2011 F450 ambulance and to date have not had any problems. I am thinking about getting them for my truck.
Fire5er is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 07:59 AM   #28
mach111
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #13142
I am not sure whether this suggestion is related to any of this thread but here goes.

I am ISO longer valve stems for my dually p/u. On a previous m/h the rear inside wheels had a long valve stem which came through outer rim about 1-2 inches with a rubber stabilizer fitted in the hole in the Alcoa wheel. These are not extensions-stems are the actual valve stem in the rim. I do not trust the flexible extensions due to problems I have seen from their use.

www.duallyvalve.com is the web site for these stems. I understand one must get proper fitting in the rim or the valve will leak.

Still not sure this will help you guys with this situation.[urlhttp://yourtireshopsupply.com/category/796/dually-valve-kits?page=2][/url]
mach111 is offline   Reply With Quote