Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > Sitting around the Campfire
Click Here to Login

Old 08-13-2011, 06:51 AM   #1
Rondo
Site Team

M.O.C. #7560
Emergency Assistance

Got an ad from Good Sam and they want to sell me a policy of Emergency Assistance Plus. It is the one that they will fly you home if you have a medical emergency in the US (or out of the country if you are with the RV or not) and also the spouce, besides bring the rig home if you are in the US and you don't have anyone to drive it home for you. My question is: Do any of my brothers and sisters in MOC have this policy and is it worth the money? It seems awfully low at a little over $100 for the two of us.They don't mention IF you use it does it go up or if the price goes up each year either! Have any of you that may have the policy used it and what were the results? Thanks for any advice you can give me!

Rondo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2011, 08:05 AM   #2
exav8tr
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6333
I received the same advertisement and would also like to hear from anyone with this coverage. I know there are a couple more out there, such as MASA and one other, whose name escapes me. I think these others are somewhat more expensive so I would like to compare side by side.....
exav8tr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2011, 09:34 AM   #3
Mrs. CountryGuy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6337
Believe that is the coverage that Al and I have. A lot less than Skymed or other companies like that. I have seen those plans offered at well over $500. a year.

Have not had to use it, knock on wood, thank my Maker.

It may not be perfect, if one reads the fine print, any one got a good attorney?? But, if half of what they promise is delivered - -

I have not done any internet snooping on them, are they well funded, and all that stuff. Have never heard of any horror stories that they did not live up to the promised, please note that I never read any other RV forums. I read the MOC. Al says he has never read any bad press about them on RVnet.

It gives us some sense of security, founded or not. And, I hope I never, ever, have to find out, eh??
Mrs. CountryGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2011, 09:58 AM   #4
awaywego
Montana Master

M.O.C. #40
I bought it back in 2003 when we were traveling cross country since I had a heart attack the year before. I bought it again last year and it had increased a few dollars but the coverage had changed. It had more restrictions on it. I still keep it because if I am 2000 miles from home and something happens, I do not want the wife to have to worry with getting the rig or me home. I do not renew if just staying within day or so from home.
It is just a choice you have to make for peace of mind.
It is like the lottery you take a chance and hope they will do what they say.
awaywego is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2011, 10:49 AM   #5
8.1al
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1658
We have MASA but it is expensive. We previously had the Good Sam insurance, it is a bare bones policy but I think it is worth what they charge
8.1al is offline   Reply With Quote