Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > General Discussions about our Montanas
Click Here to Login

Old 12-06-2010, 05:41 AM   #1
drsmart
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #10690
3465SA - bedroom access slide closed

We love our new 3465SA and are looking forward to the first extended stay down in Arizona this winter. One disappointment is when stopping for a power Nap while making our way south, the bedroom isn't accessible with the slide in . The journey will take several days and we may stop at locations for a rest and it's not appropriate to have slides out. I guess the only work around will be to momentarily put the slide out enough to enter the bedroom, then pull it in. We'd have to do the same to get out to the bathroom and hope the rare and dreaded slide malfunction doesn't occur, not that we've had that problem. When we ordered the Monty, the floor plan image would lead you to believe that there's more than enough room to enter the bedroom with the slide in.

drsmart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2010, 06:26 AM   #2
NCFischers
Montana Master

M.O.C. #8728
Send a message via Yahoo to NCFischers
When we stop at a Walmart overnight, we put just the bedroom slide out. I wouldn't think it would be a problem if you just put the one slide out while you take a rest. I wouldn't worry too much about it.
NCFischers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2010, 06:31 AM   #3
ols1932
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1944
With our bedroom slide in, my wife just crawls across the foot of the bed. Works for us. We can handle this minor difficulty.

Orv
ols1932 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2010, 06:41 AM   #4
drsmart
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #10690
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by NCFischers

When we stop at a Walmart overnight, we put just the bedroom slide out. I wouldn't think it would be a problem if you just put the one slide out while you take a rest. I wouldn't worry too much about it.
I'd be Ok with that.
If we were in a Walmart, truck stop or rest area with lighting poles, I was planning on positioning so that the bed slide in the out position would be next to the pole where other vehicles couldn't park or drive by and hit the slide.

Dave
Old 12-06-2010, 06:47 AM   #5
NCFischers
Montana Master

M.O.C. #8728
Send a message via Yahoo to NCFischers
That's what we do.
NCFischers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2010, 06:48 AM   #6
drsmart
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #10690
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by ols1932

With our bedroom slide in, my wife just crawls across the foot of the bed. Works for us. We can handle this minor difficulty.

Orv
Orv. We were able to do that in our old SOB but with the slide in on the 3465SA, there's only about a 7 inch gap between the slide and the adjacent bathroom wall. You'd have to squeeze through there to get into the bedroom. Neither of us are that thin .
Dave
Old 12-06-2010, 09:21 AM   #7
nailbender
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5811
We also have a 3465SA that we love and so far access to the bedroom hasn't been a problem. Just curious if I understand your post correctly. Put the slide out, go in the bedroom, slide in, nap, slide out. If your remote works the same as ours, the timer will shut off the remote after ten minutes. If your DW is napping also and your nap is more than ten minutes, you would be locked in the bedroom with no way except for the fire escape window.
nailbender is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2010, 09:33 AM   #8
drsmart
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #10690
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by nailbender

We also have a 3465SA that we love and so far access to the bedroom hasn't been a problem. Just curious if I understand your post correctly. Put the slide out, go in the bedroom, slide in, nap, slide out. If your remote works the same as ours, the timer will shut off the remote after ten minutes. If your DW is napping also and your nap is more than ten minutes, you would be locked in the bedroom with no way except for the fire escape window.
That's it in a nutshell. We'd have the remote in the bedroom, but since you mention that it's probably a good idea to have a spare remote battery . If I couldn't open the slide to get out for whatever reason I think I'd try to climb onto to the slide over the bed and down off the side to the floor. Bit of acrobatics but maybe easier than out the window. This must sound crazy for all the Monty owners with floor plans that have access to the bedroom with slide closed
Old 12-07-2010, 02:43 PM   #9
sailer
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6977
Thats how nailbender gets to keep his wife in the bedroom longer than 10 min .. just joking don ...we love our 3465SA and just run out the bed slide and not worry about it , if you only need a few inches more slide it out half way or so but i can't think of someone running into it , its not out more than 2 ft or so ...sailer By the way nailbender, its cold here in florida as we could get frost tonight
sailer is offline   Reply With Quote