Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > General Discussions about our Montanas
Click Here to Login

Old 01-31-2010, 01:22 AM   #1
rving2us
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #7880
Montana's forward living with 5 slides

What is the popular opinion on the 5 slide forward living model?? Mary and I say WOW can we be bought or what.

rving2us is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2010, 01:38 AM   #2
ray fischer
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #3760
I hate that walk thru bath room. I prefer a seperate privey. I need a good recliner to relaz in. One less couch and 2 recliners would be nice. Plus I'd have to wear a helmet all the time cause I know I'd be hitting my head on that curb side bedroom slide. Thats the side that you're always on. When I go on the other side I programmed my mind to duck. With the time spent on the curb side, I'd end up hunch back. Otherwise, DW loves the livingroom and bedroom.
ray fischer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2010, 02:12 AM   #3
NCFischers
Montana Master

M.O.C. #8728
Send a message via Yahoo to NCFischers
The basement area is a good deal smaller than other units. There is an additional outdoor storage compartment under the bed but it takes away from the under bed storage inside. I also agree about the bath. The toilet and washer need to be swapped and the toilet should be enclosed. I would also miss the recliner.
NCFischers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2010, 02:22 AM   #4
Emmel
Montana Master

M.O.C. #808
I believe the popular opinion should be your own. They make so many different models for so many different people. What appeals to us may not be what appeals to you.
We didn't like the exposed toilet, but that may not bother someone else.
Honestly, if that was what we wanted and liked, I'd satisfy ourselves.
We have friends in our resort here that live in an sob fl and they love it!
You are the ones that you have to please, I'd say go for it!
Emmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2010, 02:31 AM   #5
Mrs. CountryGuy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6337
Had a TT with that walk thru bath for amost 15 years! LOVED IT! Why?? Because the bath was so large. After an experience of hiking in the rain and trying to peal off wet blue jeans in a bath that you could barely stand in, (wiggle room - NOT), I loved that big room with oodles of wiggle room.

Steve is right, the unit that fits you is what you should get, but asking for feed back is a very good thing too, might point out some characterstic about the unit that might not be "perfect" that you overlook (Been there, done that! )

Have fun shoppin!
Mrs. CountryGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2010, 02:48 AM   #6
boje
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #8761
I believe you need to decide on the pro/cons of any floorplan based on your needs. My DW and I traded our 3400RL on the 3750FL we currently own. No regrets. I am a rather large fellow, and enjoy the openess of the bathroom. The basement is smaller, but I am able to put all my chairs/tables/ladder in the storage bin that accompanies the bedroom slide. You just need to adapt to it. I also like the 2nd door into the bath area. It could come in handy as a mud room when we take the dogs.

Again, to each his own.

One issue Keystone missed when building these units is the glass on the bath door. You can see thru it from the outside. I contacted Keystone, and they are aware of this problem. We are looking at rectifying this with either a shade, our window film.

PM me if you would like some more info on the unit.

Bob
boje is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2010, 05:06 AM   #7
richfaa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2839
We always Liked the front living room and would have purchased the previous model Front living room but it was discontinued before we purchased. The present floor plan had some things in it we do not prefer as do other models. If that floor plan is what you like then go for it.
richfaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2010, 07:18 AM   #8
TLightning
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7871
There are a few things that I don't like about that Montana:

-When travelling, you cannot get to the refrig or bathroom without putting out a slide...or doing some climbing.

-Can't see the TV when at the table.

-During the day, we make numerous trips between the LR, kitchen, and outside, with fewer trips to the bathroom. With this layout those trips would not be as convenient.

But, I'm not going to buy one of these models...if you like and it fits your live style, have at it.

-
TLightning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2010, 09:15 AM   #9
greener
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #7882
I really like it! For us it would be a good floorplan.
greener is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2010, 10:56 AM   #10
boje
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #8761
TLightning-

You can access the fridge or the bathroom thru either door on this unit. The bathroom/fridge are not part of a slide on this floorplan.
boje is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2010, 11:29 AM   #11
Clemson1881
Montana Master

M.O.C. #9432
I think all the Montana floorplans are great. It's always a tough decision when buying.
Clemson1881 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2010, 12:00 PM   #12
TLightning
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7871
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by boje

TLightning-

You can access the fridge or the bathroom thru either door on this unit. The bathroom/fridge are not part of a slide on this floorplan.
Didn't even notice the other door!
TLightning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2010, 03:40 PM   #13
et2
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #8920
I saw that model at our dealer in the showroom. There is a lot less storage in the storage bay. I'm only 5'8" and had to duck standing up from the couch so my head would not hit the slide in the living room. The Bathroom was OK. If I remember the bed is way high from the floor. Also ... the slides in the livingroom have cables and pulleys to operate them (not hydraulic). I would never want those on my fiver.
et2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2010, 01:28 PM   #14
hitched

M.O.C. #10058

We are looking at this model right, and are hesitating about placing an order, because of the lack of Easy Chairs in the Living room. Lets take out 1 couch. Does Montana read these topics?

hitched is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2010, 05:02 PM   #15
washley1
Montana Master

M.O.C. #9053
We saw the model at the Tampa show. While we liked some aspects of the front living room, for us it is all about visibility. You don't have a big picture window on the front (for obvious reasons!) and what we love about our 365REQ is with the TV down we have windows in all directions from our living room. Don't need those views from the bedroom!
washley1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2010, 10:05 PM   #16
Bill-N-Donna
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7110

If Keystone needs some publicity on this one I’d be happy to swap them for what I’ve got Title for Title of course!

I don’t think we would mind the walk through bath where I believe it gives more room that way. As far as the extra slide goes I think I would soon program myself to be careful although it might take a hit or two then I would come around.
Old 02-05-2010, 09:40 AM   #17
rving2us
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #7880
Thanks for all the in put on this rig. I was just asking to see what folks thought about this floor plan.
rving2us is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2010, 10:24 AM   #18
Fordzilla
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2819
Send a message via MSN to Fordzilla
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by Bill-N-Donna

If Keystone needs some publicity on this one I’d be happy to swap them for what I’ve got Title for Title of course!

I don’t think we would mind the walk through bath where I believe it gives more room that way. As far as the extra slide goes I think I would soon program myself to be careful although it might take a hit or two then I would come around.

I agree 100%. I have owned a FL Monty for the past 6 years and have enjoyed the layout. Yes we have had to store some larger items under the bed that would have normally fit in other areas, but we enjoy the living room area and the view from high up above the other campers. Right now we are not in the market to trade up to a newer model or we would have this one on our short list. The FL campers get lots of people stopping by wanting to see the inside because they are different with the two front slides.
Fordzilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2010, 06:17 PM   #19
clutch
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7329
We finally saw one on a lot in Parker. I like it except for the lack of recliners in the livingroom.
clutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2010, 02:44 PM   #20
ht7755

M.O.C. #10108
Send a message via AIM to ht7755
We liked the floor plan so much that we went and bought one! It fit our needs very well. The rig was a huge hit at the Grand Rapids RV show where we saw it. We take delivery first week in March and can't wait!
Hal and Sheri Portage MI
ht7755 is offline   Reply With Quote