Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > Sitting around the Campfire
Click Here to Login

Old 07-07-2009, 03:35 AM   #1
yogib1b
Established Member

M.O.C. #8719
1st major Monty trip

We're in the planning stages for a 3 week trip from MI to Wyoming in October. We'll spend a couple of days in Deadwood, SD. Then on to Yellowstone, for probably 3 nights. The remainder will be up on the Big Horn mountains for Mulies. Advise is needed on good places to camp in deadwood and yellowstone. We know only a couple of campgrounds in yellowstone will be open to us. Our Monty is a 3670 and we'll be towing a small Quad trailer, so length is a factor ref. campsites. This will be the first major trip west for my wife and I'm trying hard to make it the best it can be. Thanks so much to all!
Pat

yogib1b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2009, 06:44 AM   #2
RickW
Montana Master

M.O.C. #9139
I think the biggest problem you are going to have inside of Yellowstone is most of the park campgrounds close the last week of September or first week of October. I think you will have better luck finding some place outside of the park. I would look in to West Yellowstone. It would provide easy access to the park.
RickW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2009, 06:59 AM   #3
RickW
Montana Master

M.O.C. #9139
Also be prepared for snow in Yellowstone that time of year. We woke up to 3" of new snow on the morning of June 6 just a month ago and it was still coming down.
RickW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2009, 02:08 AM   #4
Tom S.
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7500
Rick is right - we were there in early September last year and saw snow showers with low temps in the high 20's. Fishing Bridge park is located inside the park and is central to a lot of things and have full hook ups, but be forewarned, the sites are VERY small. Also as Rick said, they may be closed by the time you get there.
Tom S. is offline   Reply With Quote