Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > Sitting around the Campfire
Click Here to Login

Old 11-19-2008, 05:29 PM   #1
Wayne and Carolyn Mathews
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7445
Rebate Hit by Economic Woes

I recently purchased the Adobe Photoshop Elements 7 & Adobe Premiere Elements 7 bundle and submitted the included Adobe Systems, Inc. paperwork for a $30 rebate offered with the software purchase. Tonight, I received this e-mail from Adobe:

According to our records, you recently received a rebate check from Adobe Systems Inc. for your purchase of Adobe Photoshop Elements 7, Adobe Premiere Elements 7 or the Adobe Photoshop Elements 7 & Adobe Premiere Elements 7 bundle. We have recently been notified that Adobe’s rebate fulfillment vendor, Continental Promotions Group (CPG), filed Chapter 11 Bankruptcy and is unable to cover the check for the software rebate.

This communication is to inform you that Adobe will re-issue new rebate checks. Please do not cash or deposit the check originally sent to you. You will be receiving a replacement check from Adobe within the next 2 to 3 weeks.

If you received and deposited the original rebate check and have incurred bank fees, Adobe will reimburse those fees upon submission of a copy of your bank notice showing the fees incurred for the returned check. Please note that reimbursement for bank fees and postage will be sent as a separate check within 2 to 3 weeks after submission of the required bank documents.

We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused and are attempting to resolve this situation as quickly as possible.

I'm waiting for 2 other rebates, one for $20 and one for $75, from 2 other companies. I surely hope they aren't using CPG as their fulfillment vendors.

Carolyn

Wayne and Carolyn Mathews is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2008, 01:55 AM   #2
Mrs. CountryGuy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6337
GULP
Mrs. CountryGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2008, 04:46 AM   #3
Okie Guy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6054
Now that is a sign of the times.
Okie Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2008, 11:18 AM   #4
JimnJulie
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #5590
Say it ain't so!
JimnJulie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2008, 12:46 PM   #5
PowellsMonty
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1967
Adobe is strong, because of the professional design programs. The "civilian " vs "professional" aspect of the company keeps it the #1 graphics software in the world.
We are in the printing business.
PowellsMonty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2008, 12:52 PM   #6
Waynem
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7673
To my knowledge, Adobe has a very strong market. Most all the Government agencies have contracts for Adobe Reader Pro, along with their graphic programs.
Waynem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2008, 12:23 PM   #7
Wayne and Carolyn Mathews
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7445
Adobe is a strong company. It's the rebate center that went under, but Adobe was big enough and honorable enough to honor the rebates through its own offices after that happened. I always thought that a rebate came directly from the company that made the product offering that rebate. Over the last year, I've paid more attention to the rebates I've sent for, and it dawned on me that the name and address the paperwork went to was never the company offering the rebate.

Several of our appliances for our new home offered rebates, and they were all handled through a rebate center in El Paso, Texas (think that's where it was). I had a problem with one of those rebates (supposed to get $200 back but received only $100), and when I contacted the manufactuer's customer service department, I was given the contact info for rebate center. When I went to the center's web site, the first thing I had to do was access a drop-down menu to click on the brand name offering the rebate. I estimate there were at least 100 brands in that menu, from Apple Computer to GE, Maytag, and so forth.

The center Adobe used is not the one that handled my last rebates. So, obviously there are several companies handling nothing but rebate processing. I'm just glad Adobe was quick to notify its customers about the problem and offer not only replacement checks, but also any bank fees incurred by customers who cashed or depositied bad checks.

One more thing, speaking of bad checks: Until this year, I'd never received a bad check from any of our high school students or their parents. This year, I've had several every month, written for football tickets, co-pays for the federal reduced-price lunches, uniform fees. . .

Carolyn
Wayne and Carolyn Mathews is offline   Reply With Quote