Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > General Discussions about our Montanas
Click Here to Login

Old 05-31-2008, 12:47 PM   #1
Allen in MT
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #7615
Water pump switch

Had to change out my water pump as it would not turn on and the pump felt like it was getting warm, so I switched them out and found out from the mfg date that I had till end of this month May that it was still under the 3 year warranty so I sent it in and installed a new one.
But now back to my switch. I have noticed that since the old pump wouldn't turn on my pump switch the little red one next to the water heater switch just dims down when turned off. It comes on like always but when shut off it just glows dimmer and dimmer till it goes out usually 2 3 seconds, used to just shut off period. Anyone else notice this on their switch??
Allen

Allen in MT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2008, 01:45 PM   #2
ols1932
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1944
Allen,
We went through several pump problems that had to do with the controller on the pump. I talked to ShurFlo and they told me that the company they were buying the pump controller from did them bad and they stopped buying from them. We experienced the same problem with four pumps (Extreme Sensor 5.7). We even had one that did the same as your switch did until the switch burned out. I don't know which pump you have but the one we have will draw a few milliamperes when the switch is turned on and the pump is off. Never did find another pump that caused the pump switch to not entirely turn off. You might check the back part of the switch where the wires are connected and make sure that there isn't a possibility that there is a possible "almost" short between the terminals. Not sure this helps you but at least you know that someone else did experience something similar.

Orv
ols1932 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2008, 02:58 PM   #3
Allen in MT
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #7615
thanks
The pump I replaced was the extreme sensor 5.7 and I replace it with same. ($221.00 bucks) Haven't heard back from shurflo yet, hopefully they will warranty it. I don't seem to have as much banging or hammering with the new pump.
Allen
Allen in MT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2008, 04:15 PM   #4
ols1932
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1944
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by Allen in MT

thanks
The pump I replaced was the extreme sensor 5.7 and I replace it with same. ($221.00 bucks) Haven't heard back from shurflo yet, hopefully they will warranty it. I don't seem to have as much banging or hammering with the new pump.
Allen
Their warranty is great. Those pumps have a 3-year warranty and when I was at ShurFlo in Elkhart, IN last October, they were adamant about the warranty being good. I had shipped three pumps back to them and traded one when I was there. That one went out also and they shipped me another one. I have this one in right now and I have to adjust it for pressure. However, I can't do it right now under doctor's orders not to bend, lift, or twist due to back surgery in February.

The 5.7 pump is a much better pump and as long as ShurFlo stands behind it, I'll keep trying it. I suspect that the one I have now is a good one.

Good luck with yours.

Orv
ols1932 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2008, 09:28 AM   #5
bsmeaton
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6109
Thats strange on the switch Allen - let us know if you ever figure out the cause of that.
bsmeaton is offline   Reply With Quote