Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MONTANA OWNERS CLUB COMMUNITY > Member News
Click Here to Login

Old 03-05-2008, 02:55 PM   #1
bncinwv
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6846
We officially declare that Spring has Sprung!!!

It is close enough to get serious now. Easter weekend marks the official end of the stick-house confinement sentence. This year is even better because the week after is Spring Break week for the girls. One is going on a cruise which leaves dear old dad, DW and youngest DD for a week's camping at the local state park. Two weeks away and we cannot wait. The last two years it has snowed Easter weekend, but we will survive and are looking forward to it. Dad will commute an extra 45 minutes to work each way (now a two hour trip each way), but will willingly make the sacrifice to escape the grasp of cabin fever. Now, the procrastination must stop, as I now have to get electrical upgrades done in the next couple weekends. Hopefully, I will be posting photos of the completed project that was detailed on the electrical protection thread a couple of months ago. Whoopeeeee!!! Camping season has arrived in the hills of WV!!!
Bingo

Bingo and Cathy - Our adventures begin in the hills of WV. We are blessed by our 2014 3850FL Big Sky (previous 2011 3750FL and 2007 3400RL) that we pull with a 2007 Chevy Silverado Classic DRW CC dually.
bncinwv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2008, 03:20 PM   #2
Waynem
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7673
C O N G R A T U L A T I O N S! on your escape.
Waynem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2008, 03:24 PM   #3
Ozzie
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1358
Send a message via MSN to Ozzie
Oh man...not close enough here yet. I have gone out to the trailer a couple times to work on things and haven't even wanted to try heating it up yet. A ways to go here still. I'm so jealous...getting the bug pretty bad...
Ozzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2008, 04:28 PM   #4
fulltimedreamer
Montana Master

M.O.C. #919
We're getting the "camping bug" pretty bad here as well. 68 degrees here tomorrow!! Ready to go, but the COE campgrounds seem to open later every year. This year not until the last weekend in March.

Also noticed that the USDA Forest Service Parks are opening later and they are using concessionaires to run the parks. They are separating out the electric charge from the site rate. Now the Golden Access rate applies only to the site rate and not the electric. So, this results in a 50% increase in nightly rates. Seems like we can't catch a break ... and with diesel going to $4.00 or more by summer ... what are we gonna do?

I'm going camping one way or another!!!! Hope to see you out there!
fulltimedreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2008, 12:58 AM   #5
BB_TX
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6433
Temp was in the low 70's Sunday , 5" snow on the ground Tuesday morning , temp in mid 60's yesterday , snow predicted for tonight . Spring is trying, it just can't seem to make it.

I have been going to the storage facility about every 2 weeks just to look it over. Retirement is just 4 weeks away, so we are getting ready.
BB_TX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2008, 12:59 AM   #6
ole dude
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7128
Bingo- sure good to see a HAPPY MAN. Good camping.
ole dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2008, 02:54 AM   #7
kerry
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7125
Well Bingo, the 14th will be our first trip. going the start the season out at Bristol Motor Speedway. Hope the weather will be good, either way it'll be good to get out of the house. Kerry
kerry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2008, 03:50 AM   #8
Emmel
Montana Master

M.O.C. #808
We are sad to announce we are expecting 4/6 inches of that white crap tomorrow. I'm jealous and envy anyone that is spending even a night in their Montana right now! I'm sitting here with the worse cold I've had this winter and it hurts to read about the people in the south getting out early.
Enough of these tears on my keyboard, you guys all enjoy whatever temps you can get out in, I'll get there soon
Emmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2008, 04:22 AM   #9
bncinwv
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6846
Emmel,
We are supposed to get something Saturday as well. I guess we will have to start referring to snow as an additional layer of roof insulation if we are out in the rig???? Works for me!! Of course, this time of year you never know, but I have faith that no matter the weather, we will be in the rig at Easter!!!
Bingo

Bingo and Cathy - Our adventures begin in the hills of WV. We are blessed by our 2014 3850FL Big Sky (previous 2011 3750FL and 2007 3400RL) that we pull with a 2007 Chevy Silverado Classic DRW CC dually.
bncinwv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2008, 04:32 AM   #10
Sunshine
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2018
We've been enjoying temps consistently above freezing and the mountains of snow are retreating. If things go according to schedule, we should be headed to the Tucson rally sometime during the week after Easter. Spring is definitely getting close - the rabbits spend more time outside, the bluebirds are back, and there's a lot of happy chirping going on in the trees!
Sunshine is offline   Reply With Quote