Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > General Discussions about our Montanas
Click Here to Login

Old 05-29-2007, 04:10 PM   #21
adelmoll
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2716
I'm with you on this one Bert and Betty. No one has said anything wrong. You have all stated your opinion and why you did. You have also made it known that it is your opinion only. I sure don't see anything wrong with that. Now for my opinion.....

I would almost (note the almost) kill for the Big Sky. After two years of full timing I would LOVE the big fridge and all of the added things. I love to cook in my home and really like what they have done for us. I love the new shower. I love the looks of the Big Sky.........But........... I also love my 3475 and it came without hardly any glitches in it so we will not press our luck for awhile yet. How did we get so lucky? rap rap(knock on wood).

Helen

adelmoll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2007, 03:46 AM   #22
dandt
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #7142
Well...Thanks everyone. We have decided to go with the Montana 3400RL. Eye candy is not that improtant to us and as I said prior there are no dealers even within in days drive. We are making an offer sometime this week.
dandt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2007, 03:51 AM   #23
David and Jo-Anna
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6022
I agree with the consensus opinion that choice is a matter of weighing your personal preferences. There were many things we liked about the Big Sky for full-timing--bigger frig, wall-mounted dinette table instead of the pedestal table, bigger picture window next to the dinette table, a good size Dometic half-time oven instead of the Apollo, window in the toilet room, upgraded carpet, upgraded shower, full-body gel coat (including the basement doors), just to name a few. Other upgrades are nice but don't carry as much weight for us. We did a side-by-side comparison of a Big Sky sitting next to a 3400, and that helped cement our decision.

As for the extra cost of the Big Sky, ours cost about $4,000-$5,000 more than a 3400 (depending on how you try to price some of the not-fully-comparable options). Definitely worth the difference to us based on our own personal preferences. Had the price difference been $15,000-$20,000, I'm not sure we would have gone with the Big Sky--glad we didn't have to make that choice. Sounds like some Big Sky dealers are willing to deal and others want closer to MSRP--that can be a big factor in the decisionmaking.

I can only hope that you are as happy with the choice you finally make as Jo-Anna and I with our choice--and as happy as many of the other posters are with their choice of a Montana 3400. Both rigs have lots to offer depending on how you value the differences between them.

Glenn--I didn't see anyone else respond to your point about gen prep--we don't have the gen prep in our Big Sky and we do have the white wire shelf in it. Don't know if Keystone has changed that since we ordered.
David and Jo-Anna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2007, 04:48 AM   #24
sreigle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20
Congratulations, Dave and Teresa. Either is a good choice. I hope you have many years of enjoyment from your new 3400RL.

David and Jo-Anna - Dometic makes a 1/2 time oven?? That would be nice to know if the Apollo ever gives up the ghost.
sreigle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2007, 04:55 AM   #25
David and Jo-Anna
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6022
Hi Steve,

The Dometic is microwave/convection/combination oven.

Jo-Anna
David and Jo-Anna is offline   Reply With Quote