Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > General Discussions about our Montanas
Click Here to Login

Old 12-16-2006, 06:19 PM   #1
markwick
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #2204
No more furnace remote control!!

I just picked up my new 3075 yesterday (It was ordered Nov 1st) and -Hallelujah!! - no more remote control for the furnace and A/C. A nice digital wall mounted control unit. Also it has the raised oak doors on the fridge which is great as I thought I might be getting the black door.. Only 2 things I was not happy with. The toilet door - just a plain flat panel door, and the light switches for the living room, patio and scare lights are around the corner on the wall as you go up the stairs! - why not next to the front door? I guess I will be doing some additional wiring.
Love the 3075 though.

markwick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2006, 07:49 PM   #2
JH Sechelt
Montana Master

M.O.C. #4976
Markwick,

Congrats on your new 3075. Great layout. You're going to have a ball. You could always go to Lowe's, Home Depot, or a door shop and get a nicer door for the toilet room. And you are right, hard to figure out why they don't put the light switches by the front door? Not a hard fix.

J&D
JH Sechelt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2006, 11:20 PM   #3
stiles watson
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2059
Congratulations on your new rig. Sounds like you got a lot of the things you wanted. That is a real plus. Enjoy.....
stiles watson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2006, 08:34 AM   #4
Mudchief
Montana Master

M.O.C. #4961
Congratulation on your new 3075. I hope you have many happy times in it. I don't know why they don't put a switch near the door. That is one of the reasons I added the MAXIS remote control unit.
1200 watts of Solar
Mudchief is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2006, 08:49 AM   #5
Driftwoodgal
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5446
Send a message via AIM to Driftwoodgal
Congrats on your new Montana. Here's hoping you lots of happy camping days in her.

I too hate where they put the light switches. It really is a pain to come into a dark RV and stumble around trying to find the switch. I also think they should have put the switch to the light near the door as the first one on the right. I guess we will get used to it when we get to camp more.

Colleen
Driftwoodgal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2006, 12:37 PM   #6
Parrothead
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1989
Send a message via MSN to Parrothead
If you think about it the switches for the lights are in the same wall (at least on ours) as the wiring for the slides, the light on the fan, and the w/d hookup. Probably easier to put all the electric in one area. I kinda like it because now I know I can put something on the wall by the door and not hit any wires. We have an automatic plug in light - bigger than a night light - about 6 inches long with a 7 watt or larger light that we purchased at Home Depot. It was plugged into the island until we plugged a dust buster in there. Now it is plugged into the outlet by the steps. Lights up enough to see to get in. It can be turned for authomatic, on all the time, or off.
Happy trails......................
Parrothead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2006, 01:23 PM   #7
campbud
Montana Master

M.O.C. #3142
Congratulations on your new Montana!!!
campbud is offline   Reply With Quote