Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > General Discussions about our Montanas
Click Here to Login

Old 11-05-2006, 03:44 AM   #41
illapah
Montana Master

M.O.C. #666
I went with 'The Choice' also like Jim.

illapah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2006, 09:47 AM   #42
Mudchief
Montana Master

M.O.C. #4961
Rich, I have one on my wifes new vehicle and they will refund your money if you don't use it. I thought it would be a good thing to have if that touch screen radio and navigation system broke. However the fine print says you have to request that 30 days before the policy expires.
1200 watts of Solar
Mudchief is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2006, 08:12 AM   #43
Sweetfire
Montana Master

M.O.C. #4483
In my case there was less than 500 miles left on the warranty. The $1,000.00 was worth more to ME as cash in hand. I thought it was pretty crappy of them to pull that because they had not paid out one cent in repairs.
Sweetfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2006, 04:27 PM   #44
exav8tr
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6333
Rich, I signed on to "The Plan" administered by Prizm Administrative Solutions, Inc. in Wheat Ridge CO. It was a dealer offerd EW that cost $2400 for seven years of coverage. It appears to be pretty concise and complete, although, how would I know, I'm just a newbie. There website is www.gswtheplan.com and toll free number is 800-726-5045. It is refundable also. I bought the "Supreme" coverage and it has a $200.00 deductible.

Some things covered; 1) stationary leveling jack system, 2) leveling/slide out combination, 3) seals and gaskets, 4) slide out room units, 5) audio/video, 6) entertainment/security, 7) raised roof extenion system (?). and a whole host of standard coverages.

As I said, it looks to be pretty complete, but then again I am not a lawyer either.

In filing a claim the policy states "you must pay to the repair facility anY deductible per repair visit. We will reimburse the repair facility or you for the cost of the work performed on your vehicle that is covered by this aggreement and previously authorized, less the deductible. Once authorization is obtained and the repair is completed, all repair orders and documentation must be submitted to the administrator within thirty days to be eligible for payment. If you cannot take your vehicle back to the issuing dealership and an alternatie repair facility will not accept our authorization number for payment, WE CAN MAKE PAYMENT BY OUR CREDIT CARD."

Hope this info is helpful....

Phil
exav8tr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2006, 02:46 AM   #45
richfaa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2839
http://www.doi.state.id.us/insurance...Lic_No=AG36161 http://www.warrantech.com/auto/overview.asp

http://www.fortworth.bbb.org/codbrep...6060022&cons=y Some interesting reading on E.W's Note that "First Choice" and "Warranty Experts" are both are both part of 'Warranttech" and backed by the same financial backing (banks and investment groups) It is important to know who/what backs these warranties. When you say I have "the choice " or "Warranty Experts" you really have 'Warrantech" The Warranty company should pay by 'Corporate credit card" The items mentioned by "pparamore" are standard coverage items with "good" E.W's" We did look at "The Plan" and if you Google Prizm Administrative Solutions" you can research them out and find who/what backs them financially. The important thing is to READ THE CONTRACT and UNDERSTAND what you are buying. I included the BBB report on Warrantech to point out that nearly ALL the Complaints were because of consumers not reading the contract. I read mine as did my Attorney...It is still a crap shoot..
richfaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2006, 10:00 AM   #46
capn chris
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2586
Send a message via AIM to capn chris Send a message via Yahoo to capn chris
Rich,
I've been following this thread and your research for some time. You are very thorough. I read w/interest your final decision re. Warranty Experts. I assume that your contract and annual payments are based on the term of the contract = 7 yrs.?
capn chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2006, 10:06 AM   #47
Montana Sky
Montana Master

M.O.C. #889
I just got off the phone with a buddy who had over $5,000 worth of work done on his Class A. He has the same extended warranty as I do,(The Choice) they covered everything minus his $50 deductible. They paid the dealership with their credit card over the phone, Jim laid a $50 bill on the counter, got his keys and drove away. Simple as that. I had a similar experience with The Choice while having some minor warranty work done on my coach. Sure is a good feeling to have a great company standing behind you when repairs are required.
Montana Sky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2006, 10:16 AM   #48
richfaa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2839
7 years is correct. That We purchased Warranty Experts does not by any means imply that it is the best one out there. There are others such as "the Choice" just as good. W.E is a "exclusionary" Contract//It states what it does not cover. If the item is not mentioned..it is covered.. They pay by Corporate Credit card not you pay the shop then the Warranty company pays you.They have excellent financial backing, They will send you a copy of the contract to review before purchase... and a good BBB report. All must have things. As stated..it is still a crap shoot.
Old 11-29-2006, 11:25 AM   #49
DONnANNIE
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6088
Send a message via AIM to DONnANNIE Send a message via Yahoo to DONnANNIE
Quote:
quote:Montana Sky Posted - Nov 28 2006 : 5:06:27 PM I just got off the phone with a buddy who had over $5,000 worth of work done on his Class A. He has the same extended warranty as I do,(The Choice) they covered everything minus his $50 deductible. They paid the dealership with their credit card over the phone, Jim laid a $50 bill on the counter, got his keys and drove away. Simple as that. I had a similar experience with The Choice while having some minor warranty work done on my coach. Sure is a good feeling to have a great company standing behind you when repairs are required.
Dave do you have any other insurance besides The Choice I have The Choice too. It is good to hear that they take care of things and pay.

DONnANNIE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2006, 01:39 PM   #50
Montana Sky
Montana Master

M.O.C. #889
Don,
I have "The Choice" extended warranty on the coach as well as "Coach-Net", a road side service program. The guys out at Blue Crick really like dealing with The Choice, so thats who I went with.
Old 11-29-2006, 11:16 PM   #51
RKassl
Montana Master

M.O.C. #3699
I went with Warranty Experts, did muny comparison with other available plans. I felt most comfortable with their presentation of plan details etc. Hope I never need them!
RKassl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2006, 10:22 AM   #52
DONnANNIE
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6088
Send a message via AIM to DONnANNIE Send a message via Yahoo to DONnANNIE
Quote:
quote: Montana Sky Posted - Nov 29 2006 : 8:39:33 PM Don,
I have "The Choice" extended warranty on the coach as well as "Coach-Net", a road side service program. The guys out at Blue Crick really like dealing with The Choice, so thats who I went with.
That's what I have(both The Choice & Coach-Net) I haven't seen anyone else talking about them, so I was just curious as to how good they are? Glad to hear your friend had his problems taken care of.
DONnANNIE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2006, 10:44 AM   #53
Montana Sky
Montana Master

M.O.C. #889
Don,
I think you are going to be very happy with both of them. I know a couple folks who have "the choice" on their 5th wheels. The majority of my friends who have "the choice" have it on their Class A's with prices ranging from $300,000 up to $650,000. All the folks I know who have it, would buy it again on their next coach, including me. Hope your staying warm out there in the valley, its freezing up here on the hill.
Old 12-02-2006, 11:54 PM   #54
RJI47
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #6002
Send a message via AIM to RJI47 Send a message via Yahoo to RJI47
Rich, we bought the Good Sam CSP a few years back, and never had an occassion to use it till a few months ago when the furnace died. CSP paid for the repair, less my deductable, but I was a little disappointed that they do NOT pay for "shop fees", whatever they are. These fees amounted to around $17, so I had to pay for those also. When I asked the repair shop what they were for, I was told miscellaneous things, including disposal of the circuit board. BOLOGNA
In general however, I think its a good thing to have.
Rick
RJI47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2006, 03:07 AM   #55
richfaa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2839
Godd Samd CSP is as good as the others,,It was, IMO a lot more expensive for the same coverage.