Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > Sitting around the Campfire
Click Here to Login

Old 12-19-2004, 12:22 PM   #1
Glenn and Lorraine
Montana Master

M.O.C. #420
Bubba Claus Is Coming To Town

A new contract for Santa has finally been negotiated....Please read the following carefully......

I regret to inform you that, effective immediately, I will no longer be able to serve Southern United States on Christmas Eve. Due to the overwhelming current population of the earth, my contract was renegotiated by the North American Fairies and Elves Local 209. I now serve only certain areas of Oregon, Nevada, Washington, Montana and California. As part of the new and better contract I also get longer breaks for milk and cookies so keep that in mind.

However, I'm certain that your children will be in good hands with your local replacement who happens to be my third cousin, Bubba Claus. His side of the family is from the South Pole. He shares my goal of delivering toys to all the good boys and girls; however, there are a few differences between us. Differences such as:

1. There is no danger of a Grinch stealing your presents from Bubba Claus. He has a gun rack on his sleigh and a bumper sticker that reads: "These toys insured by Smith and Wesson."

2. Instead of milk and cookies, Bubba Claus prefers that children leave an RC cola and pork rinds [or a moon pie] on the fireplace. And Bubba doesn't smoke a pipe. He dips a little snuff though, so please have an empty spit can handy.

3. Bubba Claus' sleigh is pulled by floppy-eared, flyin' coon dogs instead of reindeer. I made the mistake of loaning him a couple of my reindeer one time, and Blitzen now overlooks Bubba's fireplace.

4. You won't hear "On Comet, on Cupid, on Donner and Blitzen ..." when Bubba Claus arrives. Instead, you'll hear, "On Earnhardt Junior, on Gordon, on Martin and Busch. On Rudd, on Jarrett, on Wallace and Johnson."

5. "Ho, ho, ho!" has been replaced by "Yee Haw!" And you also are likely to hear Bubba's elves respond, "I her'd dat!"

6. As required by Southern highway laws, Bubba Claus' sleigh does have a Yosemite Sam safety triangle on the back with the words "Back off" The last I heard it also had other decorations on the sleigh back as well. One is Ford or Chevy logo with lights that race through the letters and the other is a caricature of me (Santa Claus) going wee wee on the Tooth Fairy.

7. The usual Christmas movie classics such as "Miracle on 34th Street" and "It's a Wonderful Life" will not be shown in your negotiated viewing area. Instead, you'll see "Boss Hogg Saves Christmas" and "Smokey and the Bandit IV" featuring Burt Reynolds as Bubba Claus and dozens of state patrol cars crashing into each other.

8. Bubba Claus doesn't wear a belt. If I were you, I'd make sure you, the wife, and the kids turn the other way when he bends over to put presents under the tree.

9. And finally, lovely Christmas songs have been sung about me like Rudolph The Red-nosed Reindeer" and Bing Crosby's "Santa Claus Is Coming to Town." This year songs about Bubba Claus will be played on all the AM radio stations in the South. Those song title will be Mark Chesnutt's "Bubba Claus Shot the Jukebox" and "Grandma Got Run'd Over by a Reindeer."

Sincerely Yours,

Santa Claus
(Member of North American Fairies and Elves Local 209)

Glenn and Lorraine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2004, 12:41 AM   #2
palebluedot
Montana Master

M.O.C. #36
and the sleigh is 4WD....... Thanks Glenn
palebluedot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2004, 01:14 AM   #3
Montana_657
Montana Master

M.O.C. #657
Don't worry folks it's the Florida cold snap...he'll be OK when it warms up and he can go outside......
Montana_657 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2004, 03:14 AM   #4
Bill and Ann
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1493
Good one Glenn. But Glenn, you have too much time on your hands. Happy Holidays.
Bill and Ann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2004, 11:31 AM   #5
Glenn and Lorraine
Montana Master

M.O.C. #420
WAY WAY WAY too much time on my hands and it can only get worse. I still have at least 4 more months before we are on the road again.

Gruffy, With this cold(?) snap I am outside more than in. I do cold(?) a lot better that I do hot.
And 48 (as it is right now) is not cold -14 is cold and that's what they are calling for in northern NY tonight.
Glenn and Lorraine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2004, 04:48 AM   #6
Montana_657
Montana Master

M.O.C. #657
Yeah but it's a dry cold.......
Montana_657 is offline   Reply With Quote