Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > General Discussions about our Montanas
Click Here to Login

Old 08-07-2009, 03:45 PM   #1
randye
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7139
Reshearh

Hello All We have a couple of questions and know someone out there will have opinions. Our surge protector is doing a great job, as we have several surges each month.We are at the end of the grid and we lose power now and again. How much can the surge protector take, its two years old. Should I replace it soon or what? I also have a question about my 2007 Dodge Truck. We just got back from Oregon back to New Mexico it was a 2800 mile trip. A couple of times in the evenings just before stopping at a Best Western, the Truck started missing, My Dw's Uncle has a 06 Dodge Truck, and he said his did this and after $800.00, he found out that if he cleaned the battery cables it quit missing, I did this and all the next day 600 mile it didn't miss until that evening it did it just a little and the next morning it was fine. Has anyone had this problem? Thanks for your time. Randye

randye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2009, 12:54 AM   #2
NCFischers
Montana Master

M.O.C. #8728
Send a message via Yahoo to NCFischers
I don't know which surge protector you have but there should be some sort of indicator light on it when it's no longer operational.
NCFischers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2009, 01:13 AM   #3
ols1932
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1944
We've had the Surge Guard surge protector for quite awhile, both the 30- and 50-amp models. They are both over five years old and still working. We did send the 30-amp model in for replacement of the plugs because they got ruined at a park that had extremely poor power boxes (receptacles were burned). I've learned now that I will never plug in to a campground power pole that is burned.

Orv
ols1932 is offline   Reply With Quote