Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > Tow Vehicles & Towing
Click Here to Login

Old 04-05-2008, 12:55 PM   #1
fulltimedreamer
Montana Master

M.O.C. #919
Watched my tire go flat while setting up!!

We arrived in Pigeon Forge last night for a week of relaxation. It poured rain on us the whole way here. While setting up,(the rain stopped for a few minutes )I watched the left front tire on the coach go flat. I was able to set up in spite of the flat. It went down pretty slowly and it has been raining too much to find the cause. The rain is supposed to end tomorrow, so, I guess I'll be hooking it up to the truck so that I can jack it up to see what's happened. If you've got to have a flat, I think the campground is a great place to do it. Anyway, we'll find out Monday what the cause is. In the meantime we're resting and listening to the rain.

fulltimedreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2008, 01:00 PM   #2
HughM
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7219
I had a flat when I was getting ready to pull out while camping at Hard Labor Creek Campground in GA. While changing the tire the name of the campground struck home. It was build by prisoners.
Hugh
HughM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2008, 01:15 PM   #3
Ozz
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5980
You guys were so lucky! Hey, we deserve it every once and a while.
Ozz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2008, 03:07 PM   #4
RRman
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7196
My used 05 Montana had a low tire, aired up okay, but very slowly would lose air. Turned out to be a bad valve core. RV dealer found and fixed among other repairs such as brake job and axle lube. They advised I would NOT need to check wheel lug nut torque. Then I notice another tire was also losing air slightly and at next campground, would lose about 40 PSI in 48 hours while sitting. Couldn't get any lug nut loose or wheel off (ahh, that's why lug nut torque check was unnecessary...) so towed the RV to a tire shop about two miles away. They found rot at the wheel rim and had to order new tires. Fortunately the leak was slow enough to get me back to campground, and could air up again later to return to the tire dealer.
RRman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2008, 09:31 PM   #5
JH Sechelt
Montana Master

M.O.C. #4976
After 2 1/2 months down in the south, & with no tire problem, on our way home we stopped at Eugene, Oregon for a couple of days. As We were getting ready to leave, I notice the right rear tire on the trailer was very low.
Put some air in it, and drove right across the freeway where there was a tire shop. (had a piece of steel banding stuck in the tire). 35 minutes later and $15 we were on our way. Our trip was 9500 Kms and that was the only problem we had with the Misson tires.....thank God.

J&D
JH Sechelt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2008, 03:11 AM   #6
richfaa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2839
All of out rubber valve stems on our OEM Mission tires leaked air. On a couple of them I could wiggle the stems and could hear air escaping. Replaced all of them with "quality" metal stems and never had another problem. The spare tire still has the rubber stem and it will not keep pressure When we get home we will have to drop the spare, take it to the tire shop have a Quality stem installed then get it back up under the camper.. Thank you Keystone..I need the excersise???
richfaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2008, 07:30 AM   #7
fulltimedreamer
Montana Master

M.O.C. #919
Well the rain has finally ended. I'll let things dry out overnight and pull the tire tomorrow to see what the problem is. At least it didn't leave me sitting on the side of the road in the rain.
fulltimedreamer is offline   Reply With Quote