Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > General Discussions about our Montanas
Click Here to Login

Old 04-29-2007, 05:36 AM   #1
Connorsmom
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #6592
Some green stuff...

Okay, riddle me this batman...
I was changing the sheets on the bed yesterday morning, and at the end of the bed, closer to the closet side, there is a great big green stain coming from under the pedestal of the bed. It's not wet, so not an immediate concern, but what the heck could it be?

I called the RV place that we deal with in the area. They also sell Montana's...and the service tech doesn't have a clue what it could be. He said it might possibly be coming from one of the hydralic fluid lines, but the fluid is clear. He said maybe the fluid is turning the carpet green. Anyway...does anyone have any idea's out there. C'mon don't be shy...jump right in...LOL

Jan

Connorsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2007, 05:45 AM   #2
DHenry
Montana Master

M.O.C. #496
Could it be a pet accident? Mold? Is it spreading? Have you inspected the hydraulics? Is the stain dry or oily? Thats all I can think of for now, but I am curious as to what else it could be, please let us know when you find out.
DHenry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2007, 05:47 AM   #3
Fire5er
Montana Master

M.O.C. #3403
Have you checked the hydraulic fluid reservoir lately? If it down I would suspect that it was a hydraulic leak.
Fire5er is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2007, 06:52 AM   #4
Broome101
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1832
Hydraulic fluid, if it hit some other type metal maybe screw or something not unusual to turn green in color, or take on the pigment color of what it has stained. I bet you have small leak somewhere.
Broome101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2007, 06:55 AM   #5
rldriver
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2801
I think your two options of the problem have been covered. The hydraulic lines run from the ceiling of the front compartment up to the cylinder under the bed so take a look to see if any thing is leaking thru the hole in the ceiling. Pull up the plywood under the bed (3 or 4 screws) and check to see what is going on there.

Let us know what you find.
rldriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2007, 08:19 AM   #6
Connorsmom
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #6592
Well, I pulled the plywood up from under the bed (not easy pulling out and putting back in with a sprained forearm...LOL). There isn't a stain further into that area, so it has to have happened when the slideout was closed. I felt a very slight amount of oil on one of the lines, but nothing that would constitute a leak. Once I'm situated on my site for the season, and not sitting in water and mud, I'll bring in the bedroom slide and see if I can find the problem then. Thanks for the input y'all.

Jan
Connorsmom is offline   Reply With Quote