Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > General Discussions about our Montanas
Click Here to Login

Old 11-05-2019, 11:48 AM   #1
bobbrus1
Established Member

M.O.C. #14492
Living Room Slides Leaking AGAIN

We have a 2018 3791RD which we love, but the water issues have been frustrating to say the least. We have had it in to the dealer a few times under warranty for this issue but it is now out of warranty by a few months and the slides are leaking again. Had a mobile RV tech out today and he found the problem right away. Apparently when the unit was built the little cups at the bottom of the slide that are to catch water and move it to the outside were never sealed on the inside...but were on the outside. So any water running down goes either into the wall or into the camper and on/under the floor. He was able to take a small endoscope type camera and see that they are not installed correctly. Well now we have delamination of the sidewalls on both sides to go along with water coming in to the inside. It has actually migrated under the linoleum and you can feel the OSB has swelled up under the linoleum. Any help in how to work with Keystone Customer Service to get this fixed on their dime. Sounds like both slides have to be removed from the RV to make the repairs. Is this a take it to their facility to get it done?

Frustrated in Mount Vernon
Bob

bobbrus1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2019, 03:06 PM   #2
mootana
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #15746
Dear Bob,
I may be able to help. I've sent you a private message. I'll wait for your response.
Old 08-04-2022, 08:37 AM   #3
Kab390

M.O.C. #31430
Hello, did you get this resolved with Keystone? I am about to purchase the same unit with the same issue (delamination below the slides). Should I avoid the unit, or purchase knowing the issue and that Keystone will support?
Kab390 is offline   Reply With Quote