Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC REGIONAL CAMPING CLUBS > North America MOC / Western Region
Click Here to Login

Closed Thread

Old 05-25-2009, 07:59 PM   #1
D and M On The Road
Montana Master

M.O.C. #49
Thanks for the Memories.........

Thanks for the Memories.......

Thanks from the 2009 Lake Siskiyou rally:

....A big thank you to Don & Claudia Moore (Searchers) who have for five years now taken on the responsibility of reserving the clubroom and overseeing the cleaning and security of it. Each year they have also reserved the caterer, “Tony & Eileen’s BBQ” of Dunsmuir, and collected the money from all the attendees. They have put in extra time dealing "behind the scenes" with the campground and ensuring that we have a smooth rally. Thank you Don & Claudia. I sincerely appreciate your year long efforts and know all the rally attendees do also....

....Stiles Watson (StilesWatson) for the designing and printing of our nametags....

....Don Kidd (Capt Kidd) who graciously printed our rally books again this year and also might be able to get those Dancing Flowers away from the West Coast!....

....Doug Henry (DHenry) who hauls around an enormous amount of MOC merchandise and makes it available for all of us to be able to buy....

....Mike Brown & Renee Traversino (Gofnuts) who, even though they couldn’t make it to the rally, did the entire advance organizing of the Meet & Greet....

....The Baggie Omelet breakfast was a superb event with Mariana McCamy (LijeBaley) at the helm of the organization. Kudos to all the omelet cooks who slaved away over the boiling pots of water cooking all 65 omelets....

....to Doug Hatton (D-and-M-On-The-Road) and Kevin Halfacre (PartyCrashers) for the organization of the Fishing Derby that drew fishermen & women of the MOC down to the water to fish. We had 48 packets of fish wrapped and cooked on the bbq for the fish eaters to enjoy with their Sunday night dinners.... The winners of our Fishing Derby were Ron Welch (Ron-n-Ginger) with a 18-3/4” rainbow trout and Carl Youngren (Carl-n-Susan) with a 16-1/8” rainbow trout....

....To our campfire masters Dave Anderson (DaveAnderson) and Gary Kelly (LittleSpud) who gave us bonfires!....

....Again thanks to Doug Henry (DHenry) for organizing the White Elephant Gift Exchange. What a fabulous time that was! People have mentioned the improvement in the quality of the gifts this year and many thanks to everyone for that!....

....Doug Henry (DHenry) also ran the Sunday morning raffle and with the help of Bill McCamy (LijeBaley) who relentlessly sold tickets and they raised over $600 for the MOC!! Way to go Doug & Bill!!....

....And many, many thanks to those who helped with setup and cleanup after each event....

....I know I must be omitting some names and I truly apologize for that. It takes many people to run a successful rally and thank you to all who stepped forwards.

....I wish I could comment on the Monday night Casa Ramos dinner but "What Happens at Casa Ramos, Stays At Casa Ramos"

....On Sunday I was approached by some non-MOC campers from Antioch, CA who told me what a wonderful group we have. These campers were having some difficulties with their trailer and two or three MOC members came to their rescue and helped with fixing their problem. These folks were amazed at the friendliness of the MOC members and wanted to say thank you again....

....A final thank you to all who came from near and far for the rally. I hope you have safe travels in all your adventures on the road. For those of you traveling on to Coos Bay and then the Seven Feathers rally.... I'M JEALOUS!.... Have a great time.

....The MOC is truly filled with special people and it's never more evident than at a MOC rally because....

“The MOC isn’t just a group of people, they’re family”

Old 05-26-2009, 01:58 AM   #2
HamRad
Montana Master

M.O.C. #15
D and M on the Road,
Margee and Doug it is us who should be thanking you! If it had not been for your "we're getting together with a couple of other rigs", attitude 5 years ago we'd never have had such wonderful times.

You graciously invited any other MOC members to join your group at Lake Siskiyou. From these small beginnings the annual gathering has grown substantially! So thank you so much for that early invitation!

The gathering simply will not be the same without you folks. I hope your work schedule allows you to once again participate in the annual Lake Siskiyou Memorail Day outing.

We also second the thanks to all those folks that Margee listed. The fantastic participation by ALL the various MOC members (as well as some SOBs) makes the Rally run so smoothly!

So thank you one and all but a special thanks to the folks who got it started in the first place...... D and M On The Road!

Dennis and Mary Kay
Old 05-26-2009, 04:41 AM   #3
DHenry
Montana Master

M.O.C. #496
Margee, Thank you for the best rally yet at Lake Siskiyou. We are looking forward to #6.
Old 05-26-2009, 05:21 AM   #4
stiles watson
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2059
I has been great to meet the western part of the MOC "Family". Putting faces to names and learning a bit about you has been rewarding. I am looking forward to the remainder of the "Progressive Rally".
Old 05-26-2009, 07:02 AM   #5
D and M On The Road
Montana Master

M.O.C. #49
HamRad... you are too kind.

The person who actually pushed for that first "campout" was Don Moore. He and Claudia, Roy & Nancy Burk (ToolmanRoy) and my husband and myself were going to go meet up with Don & Claudia at Lake Siskiyou on Memorial Day weekend 5 years ago. If it wasn't for his persistance, I don't think there would have been any Lake Siskiyou Rallys.

Let's ask him if he is sorry now...*LOL
Old 05-26-2009, 07:56 AM   #6
FireTruckerWife
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1629
Thanks Margee, for another wonderful time here at Lake Siskiyou( it's taken 4 years for me to be able to pronounce it, let alone spell it)
Old 05-26-2009, 05:54 PM   #7
Capt Kidd
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6933
I just want to throw my two cents in and say thank you very much to all the volunteers who made this a memorable rally. I am looking forward to 7 Feathers and most asuradley next year at Lake Sis.

Once again thank you thank you.
Old 05-26-2009, 07:14 PM   #8
MAMalody
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5972
Kaye and I want to add our thanks also. We appreciate the openness and warmth that you have show to us. Thanks to Don for letting me each year give him a "waiters handshake" for extra, last minute people. Also to George who help (read that did all the work) install my counter extension. It only took one year on my part and one hour on his part. Hmmm. Wait until I try to tackle a big job.
Old 05-26-2009, 07:28 PM   #9
Carl n Susan
Site Team

M.O.C. #4831
Thanks Margee for organizing this year's get together! Another memorable Memorial Day at Lake Siskiyou.

Old 05-26-2009, 08:13 PM   #10
jjackflash
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7787
Thanks Margee for such a wonderful event!
WE will differently be returning next year,it's been nice meeting our extended family.
Jack
Old 05-27-2009, 05:03 AM   #11
simonsrf
Montana Master

M.O.C. #3120
Just one more successful MOC rally! Everyone who attended deserves a great big thanks....once again, MOC proves the importance of family!
Old 05-27-2009, 06:58 AM   #12
GOFNUTS
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #3053
Margee and Doug,

Even though you weren't able to make the Casa Ramos event, we were able to make it. It was great as usual. The first year we filled several tables. This year we filled the entire banquet room plus one table in overflow!!!! We look forward to the day when you will be able to attend. We are hearing lots of great stories, so know all had a great time as usual at the Lake Siskiyou rally.
Old 05-27-2009, 05:46 PM   #13
lmurphy
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #2328
Thanks Margee & Doug, Don & Claudia and everyone that participated in having again, another successful MOC Rally. Had a wonderful time and a lot of fun. this was our 5th time at the rally, hope to see everyone again next year for the 6th annual rally. We have already reserved our site at #340, no matter what, we will be there. Again, thanks to everyone who attended, we had a great time.
Old 05-28-2009, 08:34 PM   #14
MAMalody
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5972
One of the things I liked about the rally was the flexibility that was evident. The fishing derby was added this year, and there were a number of tales (do fish have tales) I heard about that, and Stiles conducted a Sunday morning devotional service that was attended by around 13. I also enjoyed being able to "steal" ideas for my rig. Robbie I am going to have to talk to you about letting my wife see your floor. On the way to dinner tonight she innocently asked, "Do you think we can get our floor done before we leave the 14th for KY." I immediately answered, "no" and just as quick saw the error of my ways. Next time we see you we may have a new floor...and I thought I had forgotten how to dance. George are you going to be up this way???
Old 06-01-2009, 01:56 PM   #15
ghomer
Established Member

M.O.C. #3690
It was really a treat to see everyone again. Thank you to everyone who worked so hard to make it happen. We're already looking forward to next year.
Old 06-16-2009, 07:04 PM   #16
Dave Anderson
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #1654
Margee, Im late into this, but I think you KNOW how much we love you for your great presence in the MOC family.I pesonaly cant wait til we meet again and can get together as FAMILY !!!! LOVE.........Dave
Old 07-06-2009, 11:07 AM   #17
D and M On The Road
Montana Master

M.O.C. #49
Dave...... *aw shucks*. You are making me blush.

Old 07-06-2009, 12:30 PM   #18
simonsrf
Montana Master

M.O.C. #3120
Margee,

I know, he makes me blush too!

Love.....Robbie
Old 07-08-2009, 04:38 PM   #19
D and M On The Road
Montana Master

M.O.C. #49
Robbie,