Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > Sitting around the Campfire
Click Here to Login

Old 05-29-2012, 01:33 PM   #1
DQDick
Site Team

M.O.C. #11455
People are Pigs!

Joyce used to have an aunt who worked in a large retail store and after constantly picking up after people would come home saying " People are pigs, people are pigs". Well the folks all left our cove by last night and Joyce and I walked around the campsites and found a 30gal trash bag worth of trash they left on the ground and in the fire pits as well as two locks and an 8' piece of 4" PVC sewer pipe that I believe broke off a bus conversion and they just threw it in the grass. I thought the sewer pipe would take the weekend award but when I was at the Corps office making my claim to fame I was trumped by the Rangers who had to make a group, on the other side of the lake, pull a queen size mattress out of the lake after they tossed it in.

DQDick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2012, 01:46 PM   #2
kab449
Montana Master

M.O.C. #11842
Just another example of the moral decay of our country. What will happen when the greatest generation passes and the torch is passed?
kab449 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2012, 01:51 PM   #3
DQDick
Site Team

M.O.C. #11455
I'm sure that was a typo, didn't you mean when the torch is dropped?
Old 05-29-2012, 02:04 PM   #4
mlh
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2283
The more you know people the more you like dogs. Besides that Dick you don't give pigs much credit.
Lynwood
mlh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2012, 02:10 PM   #5
dieselguy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #3085
There will be no one to pass or drop the torch to ... they'll have both hands hermatically sealed to their cell phones texting. Thumbs will have evolved longer than fingers by then as well to assist in the dexterity.
dieselguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2012, 02:31 PM   #6
TerryClaudia
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #12055
It really upsets me how people take our beautiful country for granted. I will say overall most campgrounds we go to I don't see people trashing their sites. Claudia
TerryClaudia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2012, 03:10 PM   #7
Clemson1881
Montana Master

M.O.C. #9432
Not a generational issue. It's a social one and can't be addressed without getting political.
Clemson1881 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2012, 04:24 PM   #8
Mrs. CountryGuy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6337
I read this blog, she owns a campground, she pulls no punches as to the things people say and do and steal and filth out.

My thoughts, to so many of her posts, cannot fix stupid.

Some of her posts are heartwarming to say the least, like the kitten she is trying to save and find a home for. She really loves her pets.

Campground blog here
Mrs. CountryGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2012, 04:38 PM   #9
kab449
Montana Master

M.O.C. #11842
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by DQDick

I'm sure that was a typo, didn't you mean when the torch is dropped?
Guess I didn't type what I meant. I meant to say that I don't see many older (50+) campers trashing their sites. They seem to have a greater appreciation for their fellow man and nature. As the older people pass the younger have to take over the caretaker roll and the hope is they develop the same appreciation.
kab449 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2012, 04:43 PM   #10
DQDick
Site Team

M.O.C. #11455
Had a couple of campsites that the folks hadn't left until today. First one had corn cobs in the fire pit, second one had a dozen beer cans in the fire pit (do folks think those things burn?) and both sites had trash all over the table areas. One of them smelled and looked like they dumped a potta potty in the grass. Went further up the hill and a couple with trash all in the trees (wind blew their storage container open and spread everything in the pine trees) stopped me to tell me they were leaving tomorrow and would get the trash all cleaned up before they left. They said they had watched us picking up the trash the last two days and knew it wasn't part of our job and wanted to make sure we knew we wouldn't have to clean up after them. Most folks are great folks it's just the few who aren't that leave a bad taste.
Old 05-29-2012, 05:37 PM   #11
helmick
Montana Master

M.O.C. #8890
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by Clemson1881

Not a generational issue. It's a social one and can't be addressed without getting political.
I agree.

I also think the topic has a name we do not need on the MOC.
helmick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2012, 05:39 PM   #12
Trailer Trash 2
Montana Master

M.O.C. #639
I think that most people do try to do there part in keeping the CG clean, but there are always that few that will not care at all, it's like it is figured in there CG bill. I watch people let the pets do there duty and dont pick it up. along with many other dirt bags that dont care.
Oh by the way pigs are a clean and a smart animal. the mud is to keep them cool. example Green Acres that little white pig.

on edit I changed bigs to PIGS that sliped by my old eyes. LOL
Old 05-29-2012, 08:04 PM   #13
Art-n-Marge
Montana Master

M.O.C. #9257
Send a message via MSN to Art-n-Marge Send a message via Yahoo to Art-n-Marge
You do know that pig was acting, don't you? Actually, it was his owner that was smart since he could understand what the pig was saying. I loved that show.

Too bad some people aren't that smart. I've seen too many filthy campgrounds and lots of other places for that matter. And it's not you can tell them anything, like it would do any good. I actually overheard some of them say things like, "oh, don't worry about it, you know the owners will take care of it and it's not like we're coming back here". unbelievable and disheartening.
Art-n-Marge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2012, 08:42 PM   #14
richfaa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2839
Always been that way. This generation, Last generation,generation before that, etc.Has nothing to do with politics it is a people thing.People are, in general, pigs.
richfaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2012, 01:57 AM   #15
old turbo
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2486
Take in a movie at your local theater and stay till the lights are on after the movie is over. Soda cups and some still full,Popcorn bags and some of those full,Candy wrappers, Plastic water bottles and yes even beer cans and whiskey bottles all left even though there is a large trash container by the door. Like some camping areas its too far to go to properly dispose of the trash.
old turbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2012, 03:52 AM   #16
richfaa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2839
Same were I work at Disneyworld in the Hall of Presidents during the winter. Even tho guest are told Three times before they get into the theater "Food and drink is NOT permitted in the theater" we get all kinds of stuff..even dirty diapers.Food, popcorn, spilled drinks that they smuggle in.Empty cans and water bottles. I am for a complete search at the entrance.But that would be unDisney like.

Folks get irate when we stop them at the entrance and tell them..No food or drink allowed. Some people are pigs...
richfaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2012, 04:03 AM   #17
Sky
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #9806
We just left a CG that always had trash cans on every site and the owners would pick up the trash from the site. Now they have removed the trash can from every site and the camper must travel a good distance to where the trash bins are located (way beyond walking distance). I would think this would just add to the problem of trash being thrown all around the camps sites. But with money being tight right now, there is an added expense to picking up someone's trash. A park ranger once told me "the cleaner you keep the grounds the more the campers will do to help keep it that way". That statement makes some sense but I guess it just comes down to what type class of pig is on the campsite.
Sky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2012, 05:12 AM   #18
CATCRAW
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #11243
We were at a campsite last year and could not get the site we wanted on the lake. The next day the camp host came by and I asked if the people on the site we wanted on the lake had left and if we could take it for our friends coming later that day. I walked over with him and the people had left a HUGE cast iron BBQ. I tried to help the host move it but we could not budge it. He had to call and have a piece of heavy equipment brought in to remove it.

People are PIGS!!!!!
CATCRAW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2012, 05:20 AM   #19
mail2us
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6920
Dick, as said here, people are pigs in general and I don't think that is accurate. While some are pigs we tend to paint a broad stroke. Could it be that you experienced a holiday weekend crowd? Our travels have given evidence of overall clean and friendly travelers with some as you described pretty terrible. Good thread though. Just sayin'
mail2us is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2012, 08:54 AM   #20
DQDick
Site Team

M.O.C. #11455
Like I said later down we had a few great ones, also. Part of the issue probably is the cove we're in. None of our spots are reservable and we are only 30amp so we tend to get the late arrivals, older rigs and a lot of tent campers. Most of the other campgrounds on the lake have better experiences than we do, which is why the Corps has camp hosts here and nowhere else. The other thing is that you're right about the holiday weekend crowd. Normal weeks yield only occasional issues.