Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > General Discussions about our Montanas
Click Here to Login

Old 04-18-2020, 11:44 AM   #1
Pete'nSue

M.O.C. #26122
Washer-Dryer suggestions for 3761FL

Washer-Dryer suggestions for our Full-Monty ... waiting for us in Maine... so no access to measurements. Trying to plan ahead. What size should we be looking for? Will a stackable set fit under the shelf? Will the front face the middle of the closet? Would a regular side-by-side set fit better? What is the depth of the closet? Excited, but now the questions begin!
How wide is the bedroom door for getting the set in there?

Pete'nSue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2020, 02:45 PM   #2
mlh
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2283
My suggestion don’t make the same mistake I made and get a non-vented one.
Lynwood
mlh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2020, 04:26 PM   #3
jeffba
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20753
May want to look at this thread
https://www.montanaowners.com/forums...ad.php?t=80686
2018 Ford F-350 Lariat CCLB PSD DRW KJ5CQH
jeffba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2020, 04:27 PM   #4
jeffba
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20753
you can also search the forum for what you may be looking for
Old 04-18-2020, 07:48 PM   #5
Pete'nSue

M.O.C. #26122
Thanks...

I have looked over the forum and read related threads, but so far there's nothing specific enough that answers my questions
Old 04-18-2020, 09:03 PM   #6
Pete'nSue

M.O.C. #26122
Hey...I found some new threads out there! Thanks for the motivation!
The basic question now is...
how wide is the bedroom door opening to get the W/D in there?
Old 04-19-2020, 06:16 AM   #7
jeffba
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20753
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete'nSue View Post
Hey...I found some new threads out there! Thanks for the motivation!
The basic question now is...
how wide is the bedroom door opening to get the W/D in there?
Okay I do not have your floor plan. However if you stick with something like a Splendide W/D I would be surprised if it did not go through the bedroom door.
You will most likely want to carry from the bottom vs the sides
Old 04-19-2020, 11:25 AM   #8
Camp CA
Montana Master

M.O.C. #25828
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete'nSue View Post
Washer-Dryer suggestions .............so no access to measurements.....What size should we be looking for? Will a stackable set fit under the shelf? Will the front face the middle of the closet? Would a regular side-by-side set fit better? What is the depth of the closet? Excited, but now the questions begin!How wide is the bedroom door for getting the set in there?
The floorplan shows its is "stackable" in the bedroom closet, will NOT fit under the shelf and looking at your floor plan it will face into the closet. The spec say it comes pre-wired for a washer / dryer, a side by side may not fit better and will take away closet storage space, the closet depth will be and bedroom door should be slightly larger than the washer/dryer width. Expect your trailer will have plumbing connections but no exterior vent connection. We installed a stackable Splendide ARWXF129W washer and vented dryer on our new fifth wheel trailer and love it. You can get the washer / dryer dimensions on the internet.

https://www.keystonerv.com/fifth-whe...l-fifth-wheel/
http://www.splendide.com/ARWXF129W_IOM_English.pdf

Stacked or side-by-side. Splendide-quality washing with added drying capacity. Dimensions: 32 7/8”H x 23 ˝”W x 22 3/4”D Electrical: 120V / 60Hz/4amp Color: White Weight: 147 lbs. Dimensions: 32 3/4”H x 23 ˝”W x 22 3/4”D Electrical: 120V / 60Hz/12amp Color: White Weight: 67 lbs.
Camp CA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2020, 12:20 PM   #9
Fish
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #22281
You might have to take the door down to get it through, then put the door back up.

I had to remove the bedroom door in my 384br to get it into the bedroom and then remove the w/d closet door also.

Then I put them back up.
Old 04-20-2020, 02:27 PM   #10
Pete'nSue

M.O.C. #26122
Thanks, all...We're encouraged...got a W/D in our Wish List to purchase when we arrive up North! Small/compact...Samsung...which we've been happy with at home ...Splendide are a bit above our pay-grade Let's hope this "Stay Safe in Place" doesn't last much longer!
Will definitely take measurements prior to purchase!
Old 04-29-2020, 01:52 PM   #11
jpwhite
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #23248
I installed the Splendide WD XC2100 washer dryer combo in my 2019 3120 RL. We went with the combo. It fit easily in the prepped closet and we retained use of the top shelf for storage. Capacity is fine for the two of us. We do a load or two every other day. Works great. Dry times were not nearly as long as I thought they would be. Typically 40 - 60 minutes. It is a real game changer having our own laundry. It never piles up, half day spent hanging around the laundry matt. Camping world just had it on sale for under $1000.
jpwhite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2020, 04:22 PM   #12
CaptnJohn
Montana Master

M.O.C. #19865
We have the same unit. After a vented combo 2 units back wife sore off them forever. Last 5er she got the Splendide stackable. Now a happy camper on wash day. Load times are cut by much more than half and larger loads too. The units face toward the BR, not inward as mentioned. They do take up closet space but the 3791 has more storage than any 5er I'm aware of. Out of season clothes are stored under the bed. I added shelves in the bedroom and bath closets. Also added a hanging bar in the three cabinets against the bathroom. Narrow but great for shirts and skirts.
CaptnJohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2020, 05:10 PM   #13
Knight1
Established Member

M.O.C. #25575
Spendide washer dryer

Hey, we picked up our new 2020 3760FL in January and have it sitting in our driveway waiting for the campgrounds to open back up. We had a Splendide washer/dryer combo in our Jayco that we traded, so pulled it out for the new 5er. Finally carried it into place a couple of weeks ago. I put it on a two wheel dolly (strapped) to make it easier to move. Carried it up the stairs into the trailer, turned it and same, carried it up the stairs into the bedroom. The washer/dryer fit through the door easier than the dolly, didn't have to remove the door or anything. It slid into the closet without issue. It will be facing the bed at the left slide of the closet, but that's where the plugs and plumbing is located. Not the best, but looks like it's going to work great. It's a vented unit, so will have to cut a hole in the wall for the vent, but other than that, no issues at all installing it.
There wouldn't be an issue with the separate Splendide washer and dryer units stacked, just have may have to remove the top shelf. But the shelf in the closet is actually split in the middle, so only have to remove half of it if needed. Having them side by side won't work well since one of the units would end up right between the sliding doors.
And, as a note, we love this washer/dryer, once you get used to the smaller load size, it's great for doing a load every couple of days to keep up.
Congrats on the trailer, DW and I are sure you'll love this trailer!!!
Knight1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2020, 05:52 PM   #14
repeat20

M.O.C. #25782
Just installed stacking units in new 2020 3761FL

We just picked up our new 2020 3761FL in January and are waiting to hit the road. We bought the Splendide vented stacking set from Camping World “on sale” and installed it ourselves. It is on the left side of the closet facing the bed. The shelf had to be removed and reconfigured and then put back in place, just a little higher now. The bedroom door and closet doors had to be removed and put back. Be happy to send you pictures and more details if you want to PM us. The only concern I have is that the closet doors close right in front of the units doors so there is no room to leave the washing machine door ajar for ventilation as recommended, and as I do, between loads at home with my front loader to cut down on mildew developing.
repeat20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2020, 06:11 PM   #15
Kurt D Jankowski
Established Member

M.O.C. #10267
We have the splendide washer and dryer we have the 3725 RL and they sit side-by-side we did have in our old 3400 RL a combo unit that work fine. But you can do more laundry faster with a side by side or stackable the splendide washer and dryers are made in Oregon by a Italian company very dependable our 3400 was there a 2005 and the people still have it working no problems now our 2015 I had to replace the heating element in the dryer but we were still able to wash clothes and hang dry them if you had the combo unit for one they are very heavy and if one part of the washer or dryer fails you're completely out of both if you have the room do a stackable or side by side do separate units if you have room
Kurt D Jankowski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2020, 06:18 PM   #16
Kurt D Jankowski
Established Member

M.O.C. #10267
Make sure you do get a vented washer and dryer if you have the room to a side by side or stackable I found the splendide is worked the best they are a Italian company out of Oregon
Old 04-29-2020, 08:14 PM   #17
Pete'nSue

M.O.C. #26122
What is it about Splendide?

Not talking combo at all... Does Splendide only sell for RVs or have I been isolated from them? Is it the size ...or quality? I do get that being in an RV we won't want to have to repair or replace these much. The Super C we just sold had a compact Whirlpool stackable set... so I'm hooked on my own laundry! Does anyone use any other brand, 'cause y'all are sayin' "Splendide"! Hahaha... I find this fascinating!
Old 04-29-2020, 09:02 PM   #18
catch up with the zzzz
Established Member

M.O.C. #23268
LG washer dryer combo. vent less. The new vent less works better than vented. the washer spins so fast that the clothes are nearly dry reducing dry time. the 24 inch lg slid right in installed in 15 mins. but just a quarter inch too deep to put door back. a nice wood worker could easily pack out the door trim to fit.
catch up with the zzzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2020, 05:15 AM   #19
Kurt D Jankowski
Established Member

M.O.C. #10267
We have had both splendide side by side or stackable and the combo vented the combo vented sucks it works but it takes a long time do laundry get yourself a splendide washer dryer you will be happy they are a Italian company made in the USA in Oregon you won't be disappointed
Old 04-30-2020, 05:17 AM   #20
Kurt D Jankowski
Established Member

M.O.C. #10267
[QUOTE=Kurt D Jankowski;1181934]We have had both splendide side by side or stackable and the combo vented the combo vented sucks it works but it takes a long time do laundry get yourself a splendide washer dryer you will be happy they are a Italian company made in the USA in Oregon you won't be disappointed. I did have a motor on the dryer quit after 8 years splendide sent me out a brand new motor easy quick easy fix the dryers are very light the only way about 20lb. The washer weighs around 55lb. The combo units are very heavy