Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > General Discussions about our Montanas
Click Here to Login

Old 11-29-2010, 06:07 PM   #1
Guvner
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #10832
Probably just bad luck but. Left my big lights on.

And when I came home today they were both out. These are the 6 or 7 inch orangish round lights on either side of your Montana up at the front. Checked the fuses and the switch but nothing wrong there. I was busy playing with my TV so I never got the ladder out to see if I actually lost two light bulbs the same day. Anything I should know? They were working when I left this morning since I've been leaving them on lately since my one crabby neighbor already called county on me anyway for going past the 28 foot rule. Wait till he sees the old bass boat I'm bringing back to help out with his view. My other neighbors have all been in it looking around. I really have been just getting the camper ready for me. Was taking it down anyway. Just not quite this fast.

Thanks.. Gary

Guvner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2010, 06:29 PM   #2
HamRad
Montana Master

M.O.C. #15
Gary,
If you're talking about the patio lights (sometimes known as "scare lights") check to make sure they didn't put them on upside down. That is they might have the "weep" hole at the top instead of at the bottom. For some reason I seem to have to replace mine a couple of times a year.

Good luck,
Dennis
HamRad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2010, 06:33 PM   #3
Guvner
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #10832
It did rain today... All day in fact... Yikes... Check that out in the morning...

Thanks... Gary
Guvner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2010, 01:52 AM   #4
SlickWillie
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6575
BTW, they're supposed to be clear....try this link. http://www.etrailer.com/Trailer-Ligh...1.html?feed=pn They put out a lot of light when they're clear. I replaced ours with those.
SlickWillie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2010, 01:21 AM   #5
The Old Fogies
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #8908
If you have a remote, there is a button the turns on the scare light. If it was turned on by the remote you have to turn it off by the remote. Been there and done that. I took the light down and was getting ready to replace the switch. Found out by playing around with the remote.

The Old Fogies is offline   Reply With Quote