Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Maintenance
Click Here to Login

Old 05-05-2010, 08:03 AM   #1
H. John Kohl
Montana Master

M.O.C. #311
Send a message via AIM to H. John Kohl Send a message via MSN to H. John Kohl Send a message via Yahoo to H. John Kohl
Lubricating Hitch

I am doing my spring maintenance. I pulled the Reese hitch apart and found I had shiny metal on metal on one of the pivot points. Now I know why I here metal rubbing when I towed home from Florida. So just a recommendation to member. Lubricate your hitch about every three months.
Safe towing.

H. John Kohl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2010, 08:25 AM   #2
danandbetty
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #10132
Thanks for the tip, John. I'll check mine and lube as necessary. It wasn't in my thoughts until now. ...dan
danandbetty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2010, 04:49 PM   #3
Rondo
Site Team

M.O.C. #7560
Thanks John! Got to check Reese when I go out to pull the Monte out but have to put the Reese back in first! I'll check it out real good, clean it up, lube it and make sure I don't see any shiny metal. I have to clean some really sticky lube I put on last fall off the Reese first. I bought it at the State Fair and used it once but it is not slick it's sticky and if you lay your hand on the plate, you will actually stick to it and it takes a little force to pull away. Going to contact the company also to complain. What do you use to lube your Reese?
Rondo is offline   Reply With Quote