Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > General Discussions about our Montanas
Click Here to Login

Old 08-30-2010, 06:00 AM   #41
deadeye
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #6693
Robbie:

I am going to give you an easier way to keep the luster on you camper. It may be tough for you since you are on the road all of the time. This is only a suggestion and it works for ME.

I buy the Thetford WASH & WAX in the gallon container. I have a soap dispenser on my POWER WASHER and run it through that. 1. First clean the area to be sprayed with plain water to get bugs and dirt off with low pressure tip. (On my washer, I use a yellow tip) 2. I do like the front and part of one side.. 3. After cleaning with Yellow tip, put in BLACK tip for soap dispenser and go over what you have previously cleaned starting at the top and let it run down. When you get soap or wax on, go back to where you started and start rinsing with Yellow tip again. After this dries, it looks bright and shinney and you DON'T even have to do the windows by hand.. Works best in shade and WORKS FOR ME.....JB

deadeye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2010, 01:42 PM   #42
simonsrf
Montana Master

M.O.C. #3120
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by deadeye

Robbie:

I am going to give you an easier way to keep the luster on you camper. It may be tough for you since you are on the road all of the time. This is only a suggestion and it works for ME.

I buy the Thetford WASH & WAX in the gallon container. I have a soap dispenser on my POWER WASHER and run it through that. 1. First clean the area to be sprayed with plain water to get bugs and dirt off with low pressure tip. (On my washer, I use a yellow tip) 2. I do like the front and part of one side.. 3. After cleaning with Yellow tip, put in BLACK tip for soap dispenser and go over what you have previously cleaned starting at the top and let it run down. When you get soap or wax on, go back to where you started and start rinsing with Yellow tip again. After this dries, it looks bright and shinney and you DON'T even have to do the windows by hand.. Works best in shade and WORKS FOR ME.....JB
Jack, sounds like you know what you're doing! Maybe you should come over to my place and show me up close and personal like....! As a fulltimer, finding room for a power washer would be tough....having room for the scrub brush sometimes can be a pain.. Next time I need wash soap, I'll give that Thetfords a try.
Thanks for the help!
simonsrf is offline   Reply With Quote