Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > General Discussions about our Montanas
Click Here to Login

Old 05-20-2007, 03:22 AM   #1
richfaa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2839
Send us your Ideas (Montana)

Note that the Keystone website has een upgraded again. They now have a "send us your ideas"link on the Montana site They are looking for feedback from ALL Montana owners. This can be a valuable tools for all concerned IF it is used properly.No rants, no gripes. Constructive comments. If you would like to see something changed describe what you would like changed, Why you would like it changed, and how they might change it. If you have a defect in your unit. Describe what the defect is, the condition under which it occures and what they might do to prevent the defect from occuring. IMO this a attempt by Keystone to gather information that may improve the product.. Someone in that organization is thinking.

richfaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2007, 03:57 AM   #2
Wrenchtraveller
Montana Master

M.O.C. #4890
I just sent them this picture and a suggestion to add the safety and convenience of a real handrail to the bedroom stairs of a Montana. I was able to screw the brackets into solid framing and I put this on before we ever used our Montana. This is a huge upgrade for a very small cost.
It cost me less than 20.00
http://i45.photobucket.com/albums/f7...ctures9009.jpg

The software on this Montana site is fast. I already got an email reply thanking me for the suggestion.
Wrenchtraveller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2007, 06:34 AM   #3
rldriver
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2801
Rich,
When Keystone first updated the web site to add the "send us your idea" and before we got out Big Sky and using that link I sent them a request that they add a 120vac outlet near the head of the bed so we could use an electric blanket or CPap machine. I never got a response from them but when out Big Sky arrived there was an outlet in the closet on the left side of the RV near the head of the bed. Coincidence or my idea? We will never know but I like to think they listened to my suggestion.

It would be nice to receive an answer about your ideas from them or even acknowledge that they received your idea.
rldriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2007, 08:08 AM   #4
OntMont
Montana Master

M.O.C. #122
The fellow who gave us the Big Sky tour assured us that he personally read and responded to thoses suggestions. They really do value input from owners, especially MOC members.
OntMont is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2007, 08:57 AM   #5
cmp-shooter
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #3928
WRENCHTRAVELLER,,I gotta have that hand rail, I probubly can get it at a lumber yard but can you tell me[us]the size screws and how to measure for correct attachment to wall. that upgrade I will do
ASAP
E-MAIL IS IN MY PROFILE BELOW
cmp-shooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2007, 01:47 PM   #6
Parrothead
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1989
Send a message via MSN to Parrothead
cmp-shooter
We have added an assist handle (just like the one inside at the door) to the left of the steps as you go up the steps. We were warned not to screw into the wall where all the washer/dryer hookups are. On our unit the handle is into the pantry woodwork. It can be used both going up the steps and coming down. We added it for me (one leg does not lift well after an injury) but I catch Ed using it also. It only sticks our about 3 inches and does not interfer with anything.
Happy trails...................
Parrothead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2007, 02:52 PM   #7
sailer
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6977
I sent keystone a letter stateing the things to add such as make the bath room ,, tiolet room,,, bigger as they can take the room from the tv area .,,,, we have a 3000rk and even if they put in a plasma tv so what ,its liter so less weight but add the cost on ,, 6" would be great ... next add a lite at both ends of the closet ,,,,,,, next the phone plug in from the outside is on the right side of the coach and every thing else is in the cabinet storage area on the left side,,,,, next add a very narrow cabinet in the kitchen area by the freg,,, next put on bigger axels so we can carry more junk,,,, next put on a hitch for a bike rack on the rear so we don't have to after market this item ,, they were very open about some of the items as they called me on my letter john
sailer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2007, 03:06 PM   #8
Delaine and Lindy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6650
For the assist going up to bedroom/bath area we went to Lowes and got a towel rack. Then mounted it vertical and we have had people ask was it put there from the Keystone factory. Works great and matches the rest of the pull knobs and handles... GBY...
Delaine and Lindy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2007, 03:24 PM   #9
Wrenchtraveller
Montana Master

M.O.C. #4890
CMP-shooter. I sent you an email with more info. The plumbing vents and wiring were more to the centre of the wall in my 2955RL so there was no danger of hitting them. Other models may be different but by pressing on the panels you can usually feel the studs and I think that it is possible to put a hand rail in most models. I did have a plan "B" if I could not hit solid studs and that was to put oak trim inside the biffy room or the computer cupboard and use long screws to go right through the walls.

The above mentioned bedside plug also came on my 06 Montana.
I like it but it is another thing to check before you put the bedroom slide in as anything plugged into it will be affected by the slide travel.
Wrenchtraveller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2007, 10:02 AM   #10
randye
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7139
Randye My wife wants to hang pictures and a couple of wall clocks,we need to know if using screws are ok and what size as not to go to far into walls? I have a 3485SA montie and I took off the cabinets doors facing the front room to hang our 43" plasma Television,I put up a piece of oak that fit like a glove. Then We are having second thoughts about hanging the Plasma due to weigh and not sure if problems down the road occur if the warranty would cover them. Any Ideas would be helpful, as we have been in our montie just five days now. thanks.
randye is offline   Reply With Quote