Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > General Discussions about our Montanas
Click Here to Login

Old 02-06-2022, 07:26 PM   #21
Waricha
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #20684
I bought a Husky for my Ford puck system on eTrailer a few years back. It's a really sturdy hitch at a good price.

Waricha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2022, 07:29 PM   #22
mudrockatc
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #24660
Ref: Anderson hitch

I don't know folks, but I have seen this same picture of a collapsed Anderson over and over again for several years now, have no idea what all the details are, did the tow vehicle hit something, any other unusual circumstances? Not sure, I've been pulling my 17K Monty with a one ton dually now for several years, and a 14K OB for a couple years before that. Very easy to hook up, very easy to remove from bed, absolutely wonderful ride. I am past warranty, so that's not a concern. Now, will that hitch really cause frame issues? I am not an engineer, so truth is, I have no idea, just looking at the geometry involved it sure doesn't look like it would. Just my 2 cents!!! Of course there is also the fact that Lippert now owns Reece and pushes the Goosebox! Not saying the Goosebox isn't great, never owned one, but just saying!! lol
mudrockatc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2022, 07:20 AM   #23
Delaine and Lindy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6650
I highly recommend Trailer Saver Air ride hitch. We all know Montana's have had some frame issues. The Trailer Saver Air ride hitch will for sure help to prevent this issue with frame flex. I have owned several Trailer Saver's over the years never ever and issue at all

I at one time for 6 months had a Pullrite, I didn't like the Pullrite, actually had a major issue. I have owned the B&W's on some of my trucks. However last year I waited over two months to get the B&W, no luck at all. Canceled the order, Wednesday morning 10:00 am called Aaron at Trailer Saver and ordered the Trailer Saver and on Friday at 3:00 pm it arrived, from Michigan to Tennessee. You will get professional service from Aaron. Good Luck.

Happy trails.
Delaine and Lindy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2022, 09:39 PM   #24
MJTravelers

M.O.C. #22054
Best Hitch for Chevy Puck System.

I have a 2021 Chevy Duramax Silverado Z71 with the puck system. I chose the B&W Companion and love it. It is easy to install and remove as it comes apart easily and is solid as a rock.
MJTravelers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2022, 06:54 AM   #25
bshgto
Montana Master

M.O.C. #16013
false advertizing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foldbak View Post
Google Andersen fifth wheel hitch failures (images)

Like the Twin Towers weren`t designed to withstand a plane flying into it , the Andersen isn`t designed to with stand an accident or abuse. People love to bash the Andersen but haven`t a clue what they`re talking about.
Crushed truck beds are every where I`ve seen many. The best was down at one of the Myrtle Beach mega camp grounds, I saw a brand new still with the temp tags on it a Dodge Dually with the bed crushed down from dropping the 5er (B&W hitch) made him look good in front of the wife didn`t it.
I`ll take the Andersen once it`s on the ball there is no mistake that it is on or off and apparently it can with stand an accident and stay connected ( no high Hitching). Here`s a story you might find interesting from another web site from a couple of years ago. Any body with the old an antiquated plate style hitch needs safety chains, Period, the chances of you doing something like this are great and I don`t want you to ruin my trip by loosing your camper and running into me. This guy was way more than just lucky and the people around him at 65 MPH were even more lucky. Just think of the law suits from this if it hadn`t turned out like it did. As follows......

We're both OK, but we were really shaken when our fiver separated from the hitch at 65mph on I-64 near Williamsburg VA Thursday morning. We have more than enough to be thankful and grateful for this year. When we all came to a halt, we were on the shoulder of the interstate, the trailer was completely separated from our TV. Our tailgate was destroyed, dragging behind and connected by only the small cable on one side. The fiver was about twenty-five feet behind us, aligned with us out of the roadway, but completely separated, resting on the retracted legs. The B&W Companion hitch was still locked with handle pin still secured and clipped; jaws fully and tightly closed. Both troopers who stopped by were amazed at the control I maintained (with the help of a strong guardian angel) to get the unit to the side of the road with no injuries (except for some sore muscles from the whiplash when it rammed back at the hitch when I began to slow and make my way to the shoulder. Here's a story we'll not forget from this Thanksgiving holiday.
F350 Ford Dually 4:10`s w/bags (payload 5595 lbs) Sumo Springs 63 gal aux tank
Reese Goosebox Mor/Ryde SRE 4000 X Factors Monroe shocks.... real smooth ride
bshgto is offline   Reply With Quote