Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > General Discussions about our Montanas
Click Here to Login

Old 05-02-2005, 01:17 PM   #1
mobilrvn
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #2056
Country Campers, Cut Off LA

For anyone needing a dealer in the New Orleans area from our experience don't go to Country Campers (CC) in Cut Off LA. Several weeks ago we made an appointment for warranty work as we would be in New Orleans for a couple of weeks. We were given a date, but each time we called we were given evasive remarks. Unfortunately the closer we got to NO, the more things went bad and we added some additional items for repair (another topic on these problems later). We also emailed several times with no reply. Finally we talked to someone who said that "they were working on fitting us in". When we arrived in NO, we finally got tired of waiting for some definitive word and went to CC. We got a sad story how some tech had quit and how the other guy had to take vacation---something that they had known about for a long time. But again we were told that they would do everything to work us in. Today the called to say too bad, but it wasn't going to happen. It would have been nice to know this weeks ago and we could have tried to get into the pipeline at some other dealer.

When you walk into CC, it is difficult to get in the door because there is so much crap in total disarray in the store. How they find anything is amazing. You walk through the "office" area to get to the bathroom which makes the corner service station bathroom look like the Ritz. The place is a pigsty and it makes you wonder what the workmanship in the service area would be. Maybe we were luck not having an appointment.

mobilrvn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2005, 02:32 PM   #2
faeb and genb
Montana Master

M.O.C. #57
Thanks for the infro. Will know where not ot go.
Gene
faeb and genb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2005, 05:38 PM   #3
Parrothead
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1989
Send a message via MSN to Parrothead
Sounds like you lucked out by NOT getting the work done there. Think of what they could have done to your baby !
Parrothead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2005, 12:41 AM   #4
jrgwdenner
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1105
Thanks for the info. I don't feel comfortable even shopping in one of those pigsties. I'd never want to have work done by anyone who can't keep their business in order. I'm sure it is reflected in their work, too.
jrgwdenner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2005, 12:45 PM   #5
mobilrvn
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #2056
After having to figure out a direction to go, we were able to get an appointment with Suncoast RV in Lake Park GA for 5/18. They seemed happy to have us as a future customer. Will post the outcome of our repairs. Think this is one of the most difficult aspects of fulltiming in getting reliable service work done on vehicles, RVs animals and ourselves. I belong to the Elks primarily so we can stop at a local lodge and get recommendations for what are usually emergency situations--broken vehicles, doctors, dentists, etc. Rarely do we get bum information.
mobilrvn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2005, 08:01 PM   #6
stiles watson
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2059
Maybe this is silver lining optimism, but I think you were very fortunate that your work was not done by this dealership. Every once in a while, something happens in my life that just irritates me to the bone only to find out later that my disappointment turned out to be opportunity for a better outcome. Sometimes it seems like there is divine intervention protecting me from myself.
stiles watson is offline   Reply With Quote