Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Repairs & Service
Click Here to Login

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-10-2006, 04:16 AM   #1
Driftwoodgal
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5446
Send a message via AIM to Driftwoodgal
Took the 3400 out and have problems

Hi gang,

We took the 3400 out for our first test this weekend. We had a few problems so would love to hear from you.

We set up camp on Thursday night using the AC. The one AC cooled it without a problem. We had to leave and go back to work on Friday so we left about 6:30 AM. Since the AC was working fine we left Alex, our cat, in the Monty. We get back about 5PM as we have to grocery shop before we come back. I open the door and I feel this blast of hot air, it was 95 outside. I rush in and find the cat ok but out of water and panting. The breaker had popped and when we turned it back on the AC started running again. We were hooked up with 50AMP power and only the refrigerator on.

My question for you is this I didn't shut the refrigerator door until it clicked. We woke up late and I missed this when I closed the door after getting creamer out. The frig was warm but the freezer was cold. Would this cause the AC breaker to pop? When we were doing a pre PDI the salesman showed us how to use the slides and he ended up popping the AC breaker that day. I am worried that it might not be a good breaker, or maybe it is the dummy factor here that is the culprut.

Hubby didn't have the Monty completely level. It was level front to back but not side to side. It was off level very slightly and he had already unhooked the truck so he didn't want to hook back up. When we used the shower we had standing water in the back of the tub area. I am thinking this was because the trailer wasn't complete level. Am I correct in my thinking?

Microwave/1/2 time oven is not working. I tried cooking potatoes in it using the 1/2 feature, they would not cook. I take out the metal tray and then try the microwave, still no luck. I finally put it back on the convection oven and leave them cooking forever and they do cook. I try using the oven the next moring for biscuits and nothing is working. I am not sure if I am doing something wrong or if this thing is a lemon.

I found a piece of something under the vinyl right before the steps to the bedroom. I guess I didn't feel this as I was in shoes before. I did run my hand over all of the flooring in our pre PDI but I missed it. I am worried that with time it will tear through since it is a high traffic area. Any thoughts?

Over all we are so very please with how things went. It pulls very well with our truck. Time will tell if we will have to have the second AC. If you are cooking with propane in Texas heat it does heat up. I didn't use the oven just the cook top.

Driftwoodgal is offline   Reply With Quote