Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > HAVE MOC WILL TRAVEL > On the Road Again
Click Here to Login

Old 11-23-2011, 05:29 AM   #1
Ozz
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5980
Anyone in Lake Havasu City?

If so, give us a shout! We had great Mexican food last night, so can share that with you. Italian tonite....

Ozz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2011, 03:27 PM   #2
Drifty1
Montana Master

M.O.C. #9441
Hey Ozz are you going to make it down to Quartzsite on your tour of the country? If you are you might want to look up the "Old Man" when you get to town so you can get a guided tour of town and local gold mines. He has a Jeep and loves to roam Patton's old training grounds in the area. He also has a woodworking shop that you might be able to squeeze in a few mods to the Montana. If you are going to head down there in the future I will PM his address to you.
Old 11-23-2011, 03:57 PM   #3
scattershot
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5329
if you're an Elk, check the lodge there. They are supposed to have a wonderful restaurant there, but I don't have any further info.
scattershot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2011, 04:53 PM   #4
Gorgeguy
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #11255
You are too far north....I start heading for Yuma next Monday. I figure a leisurely 5-6 day trip from northern Oregon.
Gorgeguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2011, 03:10 AM   #5
Ozz
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5980
We may head North to Needles and drop down 95 to Palm Springs, we have a month to figure out our deal. We have been to Parker and the 'Q'
Old 11-24-2011, 04:19 AM   #6
Gorgeguy
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #11255
I think I will be in Palm Springs area the middle of January, If you are there I will buy you a cold one.
Wayne
Old 11-24-2011, 06:20 AM   #7
Ozz
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5980
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by Gorgeguy

I think I will be in Palm Springs area the middle of January, If you are there I will buy you a cold one.
Wayne
I will drink it!
Do you have a good suggestion as to a place to stay? We are still looking.
Old 11-25-2011, 10:43 AM   #8
Gorgeguy
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #11255
Not yet, I will being going through Palm Springs on my way to Yuma next week and plan on looking around if I have time.
Old 11-28-2011, 05:14 AM   #9
DoingitEarly
Established Member

M.O.C. #9278
Send a message via Yahoo to DoingitEarly
Are you still in Havasu? We will be there Friday or Saturday.
Which Park are in in??
DoingitEarly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2011, 09:17 AM   #10
Ozz
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5980
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by DoingitEarly

Are you still in Havasu? We will be there Friday or Saturday.
Which Park are in in??
Yes we are, when you know what time and day let us know so I won't come to the door with my hair in curlers.
We are in Prospectors RV Resort on London Bridge Road site 87.
Jim and Sue Osbern
Old 11-28-2011, 07:57 PM   #11
Art-n-Marge
Montana Master

M.O.C. #9257
Send a message via MSN to Art-n-Marge Send a message via Yahoo to Art-n-Marge
I'm still stuck on Ozz's statement "We had great Mexican food last night, so can share that with you." I'm not sure how one share's food that they ate the night before. The vision of this is just not good to me! I hope you are referring to leftovers you brought home in some kind of container.

When heading to Palm Springs, there is a Patton museum near Chiriaco Summit east of Indio before you get to Palm Springs. In fact, right after Chiriaco Summit there is a long continuous downhill (about 30 miles long) as you descend into Indio right before you get into Palm Springs. Please be careful on that thing! Gear down so you aren't riding the brakes. But if the weather is clear it's a gorgeous downhill drive of the view of the Coachella Valley (where Indio, Palm Springs, Palm Desert, etc. exist).

About the places to stay, are you talking about the Palm Springs area? There are lots of incredibly good places to stay. Many of the RV resorts are first class, but taken up by Snow Birders. They can be pricey too, because they are near the many golf courses in the area and for whatever reason, this drives up the price. Call ahead and make a reservation. It's hard to find something on the spur of the moment or when you do, you'll know why spots are still available...hmmmm.
Art-n-Marge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2011, 02:05 AM   #12
Ozz
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5980
Art, I appreciate the grammar lesson, a lightly schooled person such as I, can use the tips. As you probably know, I was and am willing, to share with others when I find a good eatin' spot.
We have been researching the places to stay, it is expensive the stay in most of the places there, I agree about the golf statement, we noticed that. I don't like to commit to a place until I see it, and preferably stay there for a few days, been burned too many times. Lost $200.00 one time when I couldn't stand the place after a few days, NO REFUNDS they were proud of posting all over the office.
My truck has engine braking, really nice on those long grades.