Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Montana Problems, Problem Solving & Technical Help
Click Here to Login

Old 04-17-2023, 10:57 AM   #1
Forestville

M.O.C. #27842
Re-installing Roller Blind

While travelling down the horrible I-20 in Mississippi, one of our blackout roller blinds fell down. Has anybody been able to re-install it without taking the whole assembly with the darkening shade down? Thanks for your help!!!

Forestville is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2023, 12:45 PM   #2
Mikendebbie
Montana Master

M.O.C. #21044
Below is a sketch of the big rear window in my rig. The dining table window is similar. The problem I had was that the end brackets "bent" or splayed outward and let go of the roller blind end "axle" pin. I took some foam from one of our Amazon deliveries and cut it to size and shoved it up between the end bracket and the valence (yellow represents the foam blocks at A and B). That was 4 years ago and the blinds do not come out of the bracket and fall during travel. The end brackets are not attached to the wall - they "slide" or clip into the support rail extrusion ends. I am guessing the "shade thing" you found that had fallen down was the aluminum rail+the two end brackets+both roller shades. You need to look up under the valence to see if all three of your support brackets are still on the wall. If they are - you can rotate and clip the aluminum rail back into the brackets. Hook the back edge of the rail into the rear keeper and rotate the front up into the clip. It is much easier with two people. The rail extrusion is not very rigid - and it is a BEAR to try to work the thing into place by yourself.

The (3) three wall brackets are attached to the wall and the rail extrusion clips into the top of the brackets. Refer to the other sketch I made a few years ago.

When I did the wall bracket sketch - I illustrated the method I had discovered by trial and error. Since then - I think I read someone else had posted a better/easier way to operate the L-bracket clips (probably the way the designers had in mind)...easier than my hillbilly screw-driver method. I don't remember what it was however. Sorry!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	How to remove Irvine Door shades from the mounting bracket.jpg
Views:	48
Size:	111.6 KB
ID:	14370   Click image for larger version

Name:	Roller shade rear window.jpg
Views:	19
Size:	105.9 KB
ID:	14371  
Aussie Gus + Texas Heeler Jimmy
Mikendebbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2023, 07:36 AM   #3
Forestville

M.O.C. #27842
WOW! I didn't expect such detailed sketches. Your drawing skills are amazing! This is exactly what I needed. Today is a travel day, but I look forward to getting to work on this now that I know how it is put together. I hope that others will also find your work useful if they need it. Thank you very much!!!!!
Forestville is offline   Reply With Quote