Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > HAVE MOC WILL TRAVEL > Campgrounds
Click Here to Login

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-09-2023, 04:36 PM   #1
CampingKim
Established Member

M.O.C. #32885
Aspiring Working Snowbirds

My husband and I just bought a 2021 Montana High Country 37 FLL and are excited about spending some time in Florida over the winter (we live in Cincinnati, OH). Neither of us are retired however, so we will be working full-time during the week. We are starting to research campgrounds but don't really know what to be looking for other than full hookups and Wi-Fi. Our biggest concern is boredom during the week since we won't have any friends to socialize with and don't plan to eat dinner out every night. Part of me thinks that if we're going to be just working and then cooking dinner and then just watching TV, why would we spend the time in Florida when we could do that anywhere?

For those of you who spend winters away and also work, what tips can you give us for how to find a campground and get started with this new lifestyle? I know there are lots of resorts with activities but those will likely have to be saved for next year since the ones I've seen are all sold out for this winter. We don't know what we don't know so any and all advice is appreciated. Help us learn. TYIA!!
CampingKim is offline   Reply With Quote