Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Montana Problems, Problem Solving & Technical Help
Click Here to Login

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-26-2023, 05:09 PM   #1
tjblocker
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #23122
slideout destroys vinyl flooring

Last spring I purchased a 2022 3231CK Montana fiver. The day that I took delivery the living room slide out damaged the flooring via a BB sized pebble. This happened the very first time I operated the slideouts.

The dealer said that the damage was my fault and quoted me 1400 dollar to repair. I chose not to. The damage was about 2 inch squared.

Every since this we have carefully swept the floor before bringing in the slideouts. However, another area was damaged a couple months ago... still my fault per the dealer. We had swept but missed a pebble that was no larger than a BB.

Yesterday I had the unit serviced and the mechanic brought in the slideouts when he was finished with his work. But this time it left a V shaped tear in the vinyl that's about 6 inches long (3X3 inch V). They tried once again to blame it on me, but it was their mechanic that did it and not myself. The pebble was little larger than a BB.

They are starting to rethink their position and are saying that they think the slideout's adjustment is off. I think they are going to fix the floor for me this time, for it's hard to blame me when I wasn't even on the premises when it happened. Oh yea, they still tried but I wasn't having it.

I'm posting this to hopefully help someone else from being blindsided by this defect. I just learned today how to do the vertical adjustment on the slideout. If only we had done this a year ago... I am convinced that it just needs adjustment not to mention a new floor.

So if you're taking possession of a Montana fiver, be aware that the floors need to be carefully swept being careful to not miss a single pebble. There's also a product called slideout sleds that might be useful. Look up "slildeout sled" on Amazon. I am considering this.

I'd also like to hear from anyone else that's struggled with slideout damage to flooring.
B&W puck system hitch
tjblocker is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
slideout, vinyl floor damage