Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Solar, Charging Systems, Batteries and Electrical
Click Here to Login

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-02-2022, 12:51 PM   #1
Superchief05
Established Member

M.O.C. #29764
Solar/Inverter upgrade

I am planning to install an inverter and solar panels similar to the SolarFlex 400i, perhaps expanding it to add an A/C. Also installing a 40A DC to DC charger. In the information on the Keystone site, it states that one of the components is a “2000-watt inverter w/ built-in transfer switch (up to 7 inverted outlets), second inverted loop for A/C. I presume that just wiring in the inverter at the Inverter location in the front garage, it will power the outlets. My question is if I install a 3000 watt inverter, how do I add the second loop for the A/C to that inverter. I have traced the wire that is provided for the inverter back to the shore power connection and to the electrical center in the trailer. It also goes to an electrical junction box on the left side of the coach behind the front garage wall. The inverter wire is on one side and there are 2 wires on the other side. If someone could provide a wiring diagram I would appreciate it.
2019 Ford F-350SRW Andersen Ultimate Hitch
Superchief05 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
solar, solarflex