Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > Tow Vehicles & Towing
Click Here to Login

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-08-2020, 10:29 AM   #11
dfb
Montana Master

M.O.C. #17163
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikelff View Post
It is on a 2017 250. They are exactly the same truck, except for the spring pack. It’s not just one spring/leaf. I believe the last two or three leaves have different, higher weight ratings to get the 1 ton GVWR and the rear GAWR. The Axles are also exactly the same, same front and rear. The higher rear GAWR for the 350 is due to the tires, rims, springs and axle mfg. rating. I think things started to change with the 2018 models. They all can be modified if necessary. Get this, the axle manufacturer (not GM) for 2017 model 250 and 350 rates the axle on their web site at 12, 000 or13, 000 lbs. Blew my mind. Chevy rates mine at 6200 standard. Don’t know why GM so much lower than mfg. I went looking for that info on the axle mfg. and now can’t find it...of course. 😳
Probably because the tires will pop at 13000 lbs?.
dfb is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
airsprings, leaf springs