Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > HAVE MOC WILL TRAVEL > The Medic
Click Here to Login

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-12-2012, 09:09 AM   #1
HamRad
Montana Master

M.O.C. #15
Back/hip pain update

Fortunately the pain has subsided and did so within a week of starting steroid meds plus some Oxycontin. Steroid meds took about a week and Oxy I took for about two weeks.

Had a CT scan about 10 days ago and yesterday had appointment with pain doc. The CT report indicated that in the "....L2-L4 disk area there is diffuse posterior bulge of 4mm is seen. There is ligamental hypertrophy and calcifications. These factors cause severe spinal canal stenosis and bilateral foraminal stenosis....." There is much more but the news was somewhat of a surprise. Apparently the onset of the severe pain I experienced was because something I did aggravated this portion of my back.

So I have several courses of action (or non-action): Do nothing and see how it goes. Have a steroid injection into the L2-L4 area. Or.... talk to a back surgeon! So I'm thinking about my "choices". In the meantime we will be trying to get in at least one trip to visit our daughter in Seattle. Here's hoping that simply traveling will not cause any further aggravation of the back.

Happy trails folks and hope to see you all somewhere on the road! Dennis
HamRad is offline   Reply With Quote