Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Repairs & Service
Click Here to Login

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-24-2010, 07:23 AM   #1
bwney
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #4633
Power Problem- Easy Fix?

Terribly hot day in Virginia today. We had both AC units going, and DW started the microwave to heat lunch. After a few seconds, we lost power completely.

I reset the power pole breaker, and the surge-guard still showed one leg open. Called the park- they fixed the problem quickly- all is good now.

But, here's my issue. Both ac units and the microwave are on the same 120 leg. To my mind, the load should should be balanced between the two legs. I could do that by changing hot wire positions- maybe just move ac2 to the other leg.

Before I do it, thought I'd ask if there is an issue I don't know.

We've avoided this kind of summer heat in previous years. We have used both units here and there in the past, but never like this summer.

We are on 50a.
bwney is offline   Reply With Quote