Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > HAVE MOC WILL TRAVEL > Navigation
Click Here to Login

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-07-2008, 01:28 PM   #1
bsmeaton
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6109
Nuvi 760 GPS

Due to a mishap with my last Nuvi, I reluctantly had to replace it. I chose the 760 as an upgrade to the previous 360. (Ironically the 760 was cheaper than the 360 originally).

Althouth the 700 series is wider than the 300 series, it is thinner and lighter weight and half the weight of the 600 series.

Upgrade features of the 700 series include the built in FM modulator that sends the audio to your auto radio.

Upgrade features of the 760 over the base 750 is the addition of an in box Traffic Alert antenna ($150 option when purchased separate), Bluetooth compatibility with phone or PC, and the ability to download and play guided photo tours of various states. I just downloaded the CO/NM guide and it has 16 CO and 3 NM photo tours that display on the GPS.

The traffic alert has warned me twice about congestion on I-70 in Denver, and the bluetooth connection to my cell phone is absolutely fantastic. It puts my entire phone book on the screen, has voice dial, the works, and it sounds more clear than my headpiece.

I'm not real thrilled with is the FM modulator. It has a tough time holding the station, and I get kicked off sometimes by other peoples I-Pods modulating in the car next to me.

The traffic alert antenna is in the charger cord, so I had to replace the previous cord I had concealed behind the dash with the new one to get it to work. In fact, nothing from the 360 Nuvi is compatible.

The new Garmin software platform includes a breadcrum trail (great for the backcountry), and direct input of waypoints.

I know there are a bazillion other GPS systems out there - and many many features better than these. I just thought I would introduce the 760 Nuvi as I am a huge Nuvi fan and use it for both business travel, as a personal audio book/MP3 player, and for recreational walks and drives.
bsmeaton is offline   Reply With Quote