Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > General Discussions about our Montanas
Click Here to Login

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-19-2007, 03:11 PM   #1
Wifeofdano
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5664
Well, it was my turn.........

Yes, it was my turn to do something stupid!

We had to move the Monty a short distance tonight. We had it parked in the driveway next to the house where there is 30 amp service, for company we had a few weeks ago and never moved it back to the pole barn where there is no 30 amp yet because, well, it's still hot and we need the AC and when it's parked there we call it our Master Suite and say everyday that we need to go back to sleeping in the house! Dan's Mom and her husband have been traveling around for about a month in their Class C and are going to stop here to visit on their way home to Florida Friday night for the weekend. So, we had to move. But the good news, is that it's cooling down in the 60's at night now, so it will be Great sleeping weather out there!

I thought of a post not too long ago about the possibilty of moving a short distance with the slides out & I think my reply was that it was no big deal, just move stuff out of the way, put the slides in and put stuff back in place. Well, since it was SO easy I had it all done in record time! Should have known with my cocky attitude that I forgot something. I did. Did I mention that the electric wires to the house are just over the Monty when it sits in the driveway? Yes, well, under normal circumstances, the antenna is ALWAYS the very first thing I take care of inside. Dan was able to bend the one side of it back where it was and it still works just fine. Sure am glad that antenna bent so easy, because we very well could have pulled down our electric line! OMG, can't think about it anymore!
So, even if your moving to the next space, go ahead and do everything you normally do inside, just so that you keep up with your routine, it does not take that long. [:O][:O]
Wifeofdano is offline   Reply With Quote