Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Montana Problems, Problem Solving & Technical Help
Click Here to Login

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-10-2007, 06:27 PM   #1
clutch
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7329
Landing gear and slide questions

This afternoon we moved our Mountaineer 5er from our river lot to a shop to have a rear hitch installed. When we got to the shop Sallie was running the landing gear down and it just quit working just as it took some of the pressure off the truck. Fortunately it was high enough so I could get the truck out. When we push the switch nothing happens. I see that there is a place by the road side propane tank for possibly lifting/lowering the trailer manually. Am I correct in this assumption. If so what do I use to operate it?

While inspecting the landing gear I also noticed a lot of hydraulic fluid under the pump. I haven't had time to investigate the source of the fluid but when the slides were retracted they worked like they should. Has anyone had this problem and if so what was the cause?

I just can't believe that all this would happen on a 20 mile trip. This is just the second time we have moved the trailer since we bought it in March.

Ideas are appreciated. Thank you
clutch is offline   Reply With Quote