Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > General Discussions about our Montanas
Click Here to Login

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-07-2006, 04:39 AM   #1
Wrenchtraveller
Montana Master

M.O.C. #4890
Small percentage of RVers hurt our reputation

Well driving my folks home from Yuma, Arizona back through Quartzite and up to Jackpot, Nevada I passed many many Snowbirds going home.

I saw a few Montys going the other way but I never passed any. The vast majority of the RVs were great but I did see a few people that have their rigs locked on cruise and going a little slower than the flow of traffic. This is fine but I saw several that were being passed by Tractor trailers and allowed the trucks to stick out beside them for a long time. These are two way traffic roads and I saw two cases where traffic was approaching from the other direction and the Class A motorhomes would not take their rigs off cruise and allow the truck to go by. They put themselves at risk and a lot of other people as well.

This is a no brainer, if you are being passed by a big rig, help yourself out and him by taking your rig off cruise and let him sail by. All the Fiver drivers were great and these Class A rigs that were doing this were driven by very elderly people.

I know there are a few bad truck drivers out there but the vast majority of them are real terrific drivers and we all have to share the road so it annoys me when I see fellow RV drivers giving us all a bad name. Take care.
Wrenchtraveller is offline   Reply With Quote