Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > HAVE MOC WILL TRAVEL > On the Road Again
Click Here to Login

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-24-2005, 03:31 AM   #1
t1mrtork
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #1744
Send a message via MSN to t1mrtork
Traveling w/water in tanks?

I should have posted this sooner, we are going to leave on friday for durango colorado. We will be going from Ill. on I-80 across to Colorado and i would like to have some water on board. We just installed a Trail-air pin box to lessen the jolts on the truck/camper. It seems like having water in the tank that can slosh around could possibly crack the tank. If the tank was full it would not be able to slosh as much, but the wouldnt the weight itself be just as bad? I would assume that these fresh water tanks do not have any baffeling in them. The other problem is on the 3400 the fresh tank is on the tail of the camper and I have a light pin weight as it is, I am sure that a full tank of water wouldnt help that and make the push/pull on the concrete roads worse. Any suggestions?
t1mrtork is offline   Reply With Quote