Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > General Discussions about our Montanas
Click Here to Login

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-01-2004, 07:58 AM   #1
sreigle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20
Keystone comes through again!

Several of you asked me to post the results of our discussion with Montana about the severe wear on the inner portion of our tires. Montana set up an appt with Alko-Kober and we took the Montana to them on Wednesday when we first pulled out of Pla-Mor (the Montana is back in Pla-Mor at the moment).

They replaced the axles and two drums in less than three hours. I was kinda hoping they'd replace all drums and give us new tires like they've done for some others. But I have absolutely no room to complain about that since we were two months past the 24 month axle warranty and Keystone footed the entire bill. So you can imagine how thrilled we are with Keystone!

I'm not sure I'm as happy with Alko but.... When we stopped at Keystone on another quest I measured the rim to rim distance on both sides. One side is 1 inch longer than the other. I suspect Alko just welded on new axles in the exact location the old ones were. I don't know that but it looks suspicious. I've emailed Keystone to ask if they could check the alignment when we get back there next week.

We also had one bent shock and the Alko guy insinuated we hit something. I didn't care for his attitude on this or overall, but they did the work. I recall looking underneath right after delivery and saw the bent shock but it was working so no big deal. I suppose it was damaged between factory and dealer. Anyhow, I didn't care for the guy's attitude. But Keystone was super and I'm sure they'll take a look at this for me. I may ask them what it would cost me to swap out the alko-kobers in favor of the dexters.

Bottom line is Keystone took good care of me and just confirmed with this and everything they did during the rally just why they're number one.
sreigle is offline   Reply With Quote