Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Repairs & Service
Click Here to Login

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-31-2016, 06:19 AM   #1
Exnavydiver
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7753
Send a message via AIM to Exnavydiver Send a message via MSN to Exnavydiver Send a message via Yahoo to Exnavydiver
I need a source b(update)

I need a source for compartment doors. The tailgate on our new truck is 3 inches taller than our 06. I never had a problem hooking up to the rig with the old. The new truck has a 3 section tonneau cover that blocks the view of the hitch. I was higher that the hitch with the pin and with the tailgate down I bashed in the street side of the front basement door. Of course it was locked at the time too so I had to pound on the center several times while turning the key to get the lock open. I then had to use my 18" straight slot screwdriver to pry the curb side out enough to grab a hold of. Because the panel was pushed out of the frame I had to literally tear the door open. I didn't destroy it enough that it wouldn't hook open but it was close. I can still latch it the curb side but the street side is toast. I have checked several sites and only found one (RV Parts Station) Where I can get a 61x22 door with radius corners, gel coat, with 2 thumb locks and one key lock. The cost being a paltry 300.95 not counting shipping. As the subject line stated before this long winded tale I need another source or 3. I like to shop around and so far RV Parts is the only viable source I have found.
Exnavydiver is offline   Reply With Quote