Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Repairs & Service
Click Here to Login

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-01-2016, 03:06 AM   #1
captbanjo
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #1269
No Good Sam

I've given this a lot of thought before posting. I don't want to use this site as a place to air my grievances about a company but I really do believe this has a potential impact on all RVers and so I thought I would pass it along for your information.

I have used Good Sam towing for over a decade. Last year, due in part to a couple of Goodyear Marathon tire blowouts (documented elsewhere here), we had to use them more than once. Prior to that, we used them about two or three times over 10 years. Having experienced terrible service from them, I later contacted them via email and outlined how long we had to wait on the side of I-95 for hours and the fact that their communication to us then was inconsistent and incorrect. I never received a single word or even confirmation that they had received my email. The next month, I received a written survey requesting my review of their services. I filled out the survey and was very specific and asked that they contact me. They did not.

What did happen is this, and this is the part I want to warn people about: we left Rhode Island in March of this year and drove to Florida. While in the Gulf region, we entered a Camping World and bought some items. While checking out, the cashier told us that our Good Sam towing service had expired and asked me if I wanted to renew it. Since I am very diligent about this I was shocked to hear it but I went ahead and renewed it just to be covered.

When we got back to Rhode Island about six weeks later, we discovered a cancellation of our policy along with a partial refund check from Good Sam. This was the original cancellation of our policy. They had sent me no notification via email and no notification via phone and so we were not covered while were traveling. About two months later, they canceled the policy that I had renewed in Florida. Their basis for both cancellations was that I had used their services too much.

Being a retired police detective I cannot prove it, but I am willing to bet that it is no coincidence that our policy was scrapped after I gave them a negative review and they refused to even contact me. I will obviously use another company going forward but Good Sam provided more than a horrible service; they left us completely uncovered while on the road without a single phone call or email, used by them anytime they wanted to sell me anything.
captbanjo is offline   Reply With Quote