Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > General Discussions about our Montanas
Click Here to Login

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-17-2014, 02:05 AM   #1
docport
Established Member

M.O.C. #10181
frayed 110 power cord 3455SA

Last year while hooked to 50amp post I noticed the power cord that runs along side the gas line under the kitchen slide was totally frayed and sparked when touched. Had to call repair service to repair cord. The electric line was zip tied to the gas line which was zipped tied to a spring to pull line back in place when closing slide. Problem was the lines were rubbing along slide assembly causing the cord to totally rub through. Scared the %^^^ out of me when I saw it. Took pictures of it. Has anyone else had this problem..Does Keystone know this is a dangerous setup. I saw a 3400 same year as mine just made a month or two after mine and his routing of gas and elect. were entirely different. Any comments. Thanks
docport is offline   Reply With Quote