Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > Tow Vehicles & Towing
Click Here to Login

Old 03-27-2005, 12:31 PM   #1
Montana_1424
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #1424
I have never used anything that pluged in (computers, chips, etc) to enhance mileage. I have heard good and bad things from people that have used them. Best thing I can say is to make sure any modifcations do not void your factory warantee. Now, what I can say is try switching to synthetic oil. I use AMS OIL. When I switched, withen the first week, I noticed I was getting 1-2 MPG better, and it may even be higher by now. Whats nice about this oil too, is it is change every 10k miles, and the filter every5K. My old truck was a HEMI (Gas, as I have a diesel now), and I switched to a K & N High Performance air filter, and that too increased ,my mileage, along with Horse power as well. That is a lifetime filter too, get the cleaning kit and clean it once a year, and your good to go.

Thats about all I can offer, other than driving speeds, obviously driving 65 instead of 70 while towing will give you better mileage.

Good Luck in your search, and hope I was able to help out a little.
Montana_1424 is offline   Reply With Quote