Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > HAVE MOC WILL TRAVEL > Campgrounds
Click Here to Login

Old 02-23-2005, 04:52 PM   #1
HamRad
Montana Master

M.O.C. #15
You are going to love it. Of course you know that already. Our only time in Yellowstone was without a trailer. We stayed in motels..... But we did look around for places to stay if we had a trailer. There is one CG right in the heart of the park that has full hookups. But it is very crowded and does not sound very nice. Plus you probably already need to have a reservation.

We stayed at West Yellowstone. Just a little west of the city is a KOA CG. I think it is supposed to be a really nice place. We did not actually visit it. Just read some stuff on it.... Having seen the general area I'd think it would be great.

I think my favorite location would be north of the park. There are several CGs right on the Yellowstone river that looked really nice. I remember visiting their webpage and it was really nice. If I can find the site I'll send it to you.

I remember stopping at the main CG at the Tetons and while it is an absolutely beautiful setting.... it was so crowded and touristy that I don't think I could spend more than a day or two there. There may be more remote CGs that I don't know about in the Tetons. There is a huge one down at Jackson Hole.... but again... it is so touristy that I'm not sure I could handle it.

By the way.... for those of you who don't do much boondocking.... We just completed a month on the road. About half of this time was spent in true boondocking places. And we survived. Actually we did better than that... we thrived. We were out where there were NO crowds. We did learn that the Honda 2000 generator lives up to and beyond it's reputation. Without it we could not have enjoyed our trip as well as we did. So Steve and Vicki..... go for it. It can be done and it opens up a whole new world. Now I'll admit I would not do this on my own. We were with some friends. So we had a mutual support system. Someday we may go out on our own bit for now it is much nicer with another couple or two.

Good luck and take lots of pictures. I think you could probably send one whole month just on the Old Faithful area. Wish we could be there with you.

HamRad
HamRad is offline   Reply With Quote