Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > HAVE MOC WILL TRAVEL > Campgrounds
Click Here to Login

Old 06-18-2007, 03:11 PM   #1
HamRad
Montana Master

M.O.C. #15
Hello Lydia,

I do not recall any CGs near the southern entrance. Yellowstone is a huge park and there is a lot of driving involved. I suppose the closest CG would be Fishing Bridge and it is actually near the East entrance. We drove through the CG and it is a nice one. The Full Hook up area is relatively small and you are pretty close to each other. But it is not too bad. I'm sure you'll need to get reservations for August.

Actually the most CGs are in West Yellowstone. There are several in town and all are OK. The nicest one is probably Grizzly RV park. It is new and very nice. A bit pricey but is probably worth it. If I remember correctly Parrothead stayed there last year and can give you a lot of info on it. We stayed at a little park on the west side of town. It think it was called the Wagon Wheel or some such thing. When I first saw it I didn't think we'd be able to even get the rig into the park. But as it turned out we ended up with a spot that was very easy to get into. I would stay there again.

There are some CGs actually in the park but they have no hookups and I think they are a bit small for our rigs.

Yellowstone is an outstanding park and I think it may be my favorite. I think I could spend each summer there and still never see all that is there. You will see more wildlife than you would think possible! It is awesome. Enjoy!

Dennis
HamRad is offline   Reply With Quote