Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > HAVE MOC WILL TRAVEL > Internet & Cell Phones
Click Here to Login

Old 03-15-2006, 07:05 AM   #1
Montana_738
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #738
Hi Illaph,

You better research this good, there should be a lot of threads on this subject. Personally I would stick with Verizon, they do have good reception all over the US. I know in Illinois cingular sucks for reception. I use Us Cellular for our business because it's a little cheaper and the reception is great in our area, but my wife has Verizon. We use her phone when traveling for two reasons, I can have a Cellular data Card with cellflex that plugs into our lap top that allows me to go on the internet and get my email or just browse around the net. It's put out by Ositech Communications. It's not the quickest thing in the world (I think the speed is 28k)but it serves my needs and there is no extra charge for using it other then your air time. If I need to pick up me email or look at something on the net I try to do this on off peak hours. I'm not sure what I paid for the card as it's been a few years ago that I purchased it, but I think it was in the $50.00 dollar range. Verizon is the only company that I know of you can do this with their Motorola phone. I do hear stories that the new phones they are selling won't let you do this either. They want you to buy their monthly program. I can't remember which Motorola it is but if you want to know I will see if I can come up with the model number. So if you have one of the older Motorola phones hang on to it. The other reason is of course reception, so far anywhere I have traveled the reception has been great.
Mind you though this is only my oppinion. I'm sure other's out there will be able to help also.

Good luck,

Bill
Montana_738 is offline   Reply With Quote