Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > General Discussions about our Montanas
Click Here to Login

Old 06-29-2005, 10:57 AM   #1
Jeff Heiser
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #2088
I wonder what type of radar or speed enforcement device they are using with the cameras? Will a Cobra, Passport or similar (radar)detection device work for drivers using one or is this new technology? I wonder how long the picture taking will last. A few years back here in Florida they tried doing this and it wound up getting thrown out in court. I dont remember exactly why it was thrown out but it was and currently it is not used. However, they do use cameras on toll booth runners and traffic light runners(very limited). Interesting stuff.

Don't get me wrong, I fully support speed limit enforcement in work zones. It's just crazy to be speeding at 70 in a posted 45 MPH work zone where workers are only feet from the roadway.

God Bless America
Jeff Heiser
Merritt Island Florida
Jeff Heiser is offline   Reply With Quote