Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > General Discussions about our Montanas
Click Here to Login

Old 05-25-2024, 06:48 PM   #1
JJ76

M.O.C. #33077
Keystone DIY Program

Just wondering if anyone has had any luck using this program for simple things? Put one in about 9 months ago for a slam latch that fell apart and never got a reply or even an acknowledgment email. latch got repaired when at dealer for other issues. Put another one a few weeks ago for the wet bolts (grease fittings have been hit by a hammer to install bolts when built… one broke off inside bolt) on the suspension and still no reply. I have no problem replacing the parts myself , but wonder why they would even offer the service if nobody ever gets back to you??

Side note on the wet bolts, I’m not sure if it was a walk through of the Lippert frame plant or a Montana plant walk through, but they showed the guy installing the suspension and hitting the wet bolts on the grease fittings to install them😩. I’m sure I’m not the only one that has ran across this. I could just change the nipples but the first one I tried snapped off inside the bolt, so now I’m just changing the bolt.

JJ76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2024, 06:49 AM   #2
Lee-CI
Montana Master

M.O.C. #30262
Doesn't surprise me. Seems like SOP is to use a BFH during a lot of aspects throughout construction. Seems like most of us will never run out of things to do. DW is now wanting me to take out the dining table and build a long counter in it's place. Oh well - happy wife - happy life.
Safe travels and happy camping
Lee-CI is offline   Reply With Quote