Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > HAVE MOC WILL TRAVEL > Campgrounds State, Provincial & Federal
Click Here to Login

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-02-2024, 04:23 PM   #30
DutchmenSport
Montana Master

M.O.C. #22835
A new update and a final entry (maybe)????

We left Oakley Plantation on June 29 as expected and right on time. (St. Francisville, LA). We arrived at our first overnight at Sunset RV Park (5001 JVC Road, Cottondale, AL 35453). It was a good spot for an overnight. Basically, a concrete parking lot, but did have full hook-ups. It was convenient and it was a safe place to spend the night.

From there we traveled Sunday to the KOA at Anderson, SC for another overnight. That one was more like a conventional campground, with trees, swimming pool, a few trails, such and such.

Monday we drove from Anderson, SC to Pilot Mountain State Park in North Carolina. Six lanes of traffic, 3 in each direction and (literally) bumper to bumper traffic the entire distance. Traffic was awful, but we made the last leg of the trip with no incidents. Good drive, just lots and lots and lots of traffic.

Arrived at Pilot Mountain State Park in good time. Set up camp and got re-acclimated to the park again. My son and grandson arrived from Indiana about 3 hours later. We've been busy, busy, busy ever since.

Now, I'm really glad to be at Pilot Mountain again this year and the break from Oakley is probably a good thing. Being there Jan, Feb, Mar, and then again May, and June, I think the break is good. I'm decompressing my brain now from living in 1821 history.

But both my wife and I will be geared up to return to Oakley in October, just in time for that Revolutionary War Reenactment that will be happening.

For what it's worth, my son delivered my wife's new outfit she ordered, but had it shipped to home. She tried it on. She's awesome in it.

Here's our photos, but we don't have one of both of us together yet.

DutchmenSport is offline   Reply With Quote